Monday 10 June 2013

Virtual World

This blissful morning I was grateful to Allah SWT who connected me to a long lost friend whom I've tried to locate virtually about a month ago though her FB status. Alhamdulilah, today RZ sent me a reply message saying that she still remembers me and also updated her life, her marriage and her children :))

Although it would be awesome if we could see each other face to face and recall the time we had been together when we were teenagers, yet I'm still feeling blessed with what Allah SWT has granted me so far. At least I could still chat with my dear friend virtually via FB. 

Almost 35 years had passed where we went our ways separately, and suddenly now we found each other again in cyber space through an instrument called mobile :)) Also, this time  we are not able to shake hands and hugs like we used to do but, we could still show our love and affection by signs such as <3 or muah! muah! 

The mutual feelings of sistership could still be felt and run straight to my heart. It also brings sweetest smile to me and brightens my day. Without slight hesitation we chatted about ourselves, what we did, families and many more as if there was no lapse of 35 years in between. 

I'm thankful to the virtual world for allowing me the opportunity to once again 'meet' my long lost friend. Insyallah, with Allah SWT grace and will, both of us will meet again and this time perhaps in person. Not only just the two of us, but with our families - husbands, children, and may be with grandchildren, too. Also, hopefully we don't have to wait another 35 years.

As a DS, for now I'm in a foreign land which is well protected by its rugged mountains from the golden sand dunes whereas RZ is comfortably surrounded by her loved ones in my beautiful and green homeland. But, with the virtual world, we can be connected anytime and anywhere and also see each other virtually - just be pressing the keys or slides on the mobiles. 

For now, I truly thank RZ for 'accepting' me as one of her virtual world's friends. Also wishing her and her family all the best in life here and also in the hereafter. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment