Tuesday 18 June 2013

Spirited Sisters

Today, out of the blue I decided to join a 'Ramadan Course' organized by a group of wonderful expatriate wives whom I like to name them as "spirited sisters" in this blissful land far away from home. I went there without any expectations except to say hello and wish them 'Salam Ramadan' which we are eagerly waiting to come :)

However, when I stepped into the humble yet cozy and cool room which I later found out to be the place for the 'sharing of knowledge' I felt so blessed that Allah SWT touched my little heart to join them. There, waiting at the entrance were volunteers who did the registration while some with their ever smiling faces were seen greeting and distributing some files and goody bags to the participants. In fact, I was really touched by a warm gesture shown by one of the sisters who went all out to spare for me a 'purple' file just to match the purple goody bag, when in passing I told her that I like purple colour :)

Alhamdulilah, all praise to Allah SWT that it was the second good sign of happiness which I acquired in just a few minutes after I entered the cool room. After that, I said hello and shook hands to some of the sisters  whom I knew. Soon after, I was introduced to a few participants who later became my new found friends from other countries. It was certainly a blessing to know them all with one purpose to further understand the soulful Rahmah of Ramadan.

We were divided into groups of four per group, and all together were seven groups. I was truly delighted that the members of my group are not only sweet people but also very knowledgable. One of them is still studying an architecture course in Scotland, while the other two were former professionals in their respective fields in the private sectors before they followed their spouses in this oil rich land.

Then, the 'Ramadan Course' took its full swing when one of the sisters was given the responsibility to conduct the course in a 'workshop' style or manner with slide presentations and followed by group assignments as well as Q&A. Indeed, it was truly a refresher course for me who has been nearly a decade away from work. Here,  once again I was able to taste the stimulating event of a workshop - discussing, brainstorming and put the thoughts into words and drawings, also one of us was made as a spokesperson!

While hearing the on-going discussions and sharing of knowledge with fellow sisters, my heart silently soared to the Al Mighty for the blissful morning and the sacred achievement that I've gained. Suddenly came to my mind the words of Camille Pissarro "Blessed are they who see things in humble places when other sees nothing." Indeed, the humble gathering turned out to be one of the biggest event of my life in particular the meeting of the minds with these spirited sisters ;)) TQ all for the lovely food for thought. May all your good deeds be repaid by Allah SWT ..

(TQ to Sofia, our spokesperson for the 'bubble' ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment