Thursday 13 June 2013

May I Be Your Friend?

What would you do, if an 'unseen' person says to you 'May I be your friend?" You can't see her, but you can hear her voice? 

This sentence was repeatedly uttered to me by a sweet voice in my sleep while I was staying in one of the big BOC white bungalows with my family @Pyidaungsu Yeiktha Road between 1999-2004. Yet, when I opened my eyes, I could see no one there except my better half and my children. 

At first, I thought it was just a dream or nightmare. Yet, when it was repeated several times, I began to wonder and also get goose bumps. I told my better half but of course he can't help much except never failed to remind me before I went to sleep, 'M, dah basuh kaki?' which literally means, 'M, have you washed your feet?' Ha ha ha what an advice! 

Anyway, I always read some of the Quranic verses and especially the Ayatul Kursi before I close my eyes. This also is a practice which I instilled to my children. But, somehow the voices still crept through my ears which made me unable to sleep ... :( 

In fact, one night, when my better half was away on familiarization tour with his late boss to northern Myanmar, I requested one of my helpers (Saroja) to stay with me and my children in my room. At about midnight, I heard the same voice and this time, I could feel that one of my toes was tickled. LoL! But it was not funny, which made me not LOL, instead SOL (screamed out loud). My kids woke up, also Saroja. Quickly she went to the kitchen and took some water in a bowl. Later, I saw she murmured something into the water and splashed them on to my face. Indeed, it helped and I felt more calm and all of us went back to sleep. Except this time with all lights on!

Several months after that incident, an old Chinese Feng Shui man came to the Embassy which was just next to my home. Then, I received a call from the office that the old man was interested to visit my home (?) So, I called for Saroja to open my home to him. Initially, I was skeptical with the visit when the old man requested to see our bedroom which to me was a private place. Yet, he insisted and said that there is 'someone' there waiting for him? Immediately, I could feel goose bumps all over me. But, he assured me not to worry for he will 'talk' to the 'person' and 'negotiate' with 'her.' On my part, I don't know how he knew about the 'unseen person' for no one told him about it and also that was the first time, I met the old man.

Somehow, I allowed him to our bedroom and of course Saroja was with me all the time. What I saw was nothing unusual except he went to every corner of the huge and quite an antique bedroom of a 100 year old home. I vividly saw that he read some mantras which of course I don't understand head or tail. 

Then, we proceeded back to the main hall. Here, he handed to me a piece of gold like metal which has inscriptions on it. He told me to place the metal on my pillow for three consecutive nights and rest assured that I will not hear anything again. Although I was stunned by the revelation, yet I followed his advise. And true enough, I heard no more of the sweet voice 'May I be your friend?' 

1 comment: