Wednesday 5 June 2013

Desert Rose

Although I'm residing in this hot climate country, my life is not as hot or as bored as the climate. Instead, it is full of events which I cherished and enjoyed. One of the beautiful moments was, when I attended the AWG event at City Hotel. While we were chatting with new found friends and having our refreshments, my name was announced and from the AWG President I received a pot of 'Desert Rose' as one of the lucky winners. TQ AWG!

I took the lovely plant to my residence and it was carefully tendered by our gardener Mr J. Alhamdulilah it grows well and gives it's first bloom after one year, and I named it Miss El. Every time I look and touch Miss EL, my desert rose in my garden -  it reminds me of someone who is far away yet so closed to my heart  ...

My Desert Rose ...
You also blossom in hot summer times
When other flowers are weakling and dying
The pinky rose in you catches my eyes
You're very strong and never stopped trying

Unlike normal rosé, you've little fragrance
Yet, you're very bold and could stand alone
Also, you're full of zest and self confidence
Oh! Desert Rose, you remind me of my own ...

On the surface, I see strength and power
Yet, deep inside, you're soft and fragile
But, you never show you're tired or weak
You are my pride, attractive and full of style!

Keep it up, my Desert Rose!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mus, I stumbled upon your blogs and found some very interesting reading. It seems you live your life to the fullest, and that's brilliant. My favourite of your blogs is the Desert Rose. I had a beautiful desert rose of the same colour in Muscat. Your dedication to your "Desert Rose" is so profound. Who ever you are dedicating it to, she/he must be someone very dear and special. X Tisa

    ReplyDelete