Thursday 13 June 2013

Honourable Visitors

"As a DS abroad, it's important to uphold our country's name. And, for us the Malaysian ladies, it is always safe to dress up in our national attire be it in Baju Kurung or Kebaya Labuh whenever we attend the official functions." These are the honorific words which were uttered to me by Her Honourable Tun Dr Siti Hasmah, wife of the Former Prime Minister of Malaysia Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad when I asked her for an advice which I could use and also relay to my DS country friends on a blissful morning @MyanmarStateHouse for Honourable State Visitors. 

Alhamdulilah, it was an honour and blissful to meet the former 'Malaysian First Lady' who followed her husband's State Visit to Myanmar. Indeed, both of them were the 'Honourable Visitors' whom I'm truly privileged to meet and humbly served, as part of my DS duties. It was also an unforgettable experience of a life time to be able to seat and eat on the same table with a public figure whom I truly admired and adored since my school days. 

But, apparently that visit was not the only one which I had the opportunity to meet and respectfully serve my Honourable Visitors, instead, the opportunity and privilege repeated several times during our posting days in London as well as during our stay in Muscat. Indeed, the two days opportunity which I had the privilege to accompany Tun Dr Siti Hasmah to all her functions in Muscat was truly memorable :)

Once again, Alhamdulilah, and all praises to Allah SWT who granted upon me the opportunity to be able to meet and serve our Honourable Visitors while they were still in office, as well as after they willingly stepped down as to give way to others. 

To both Tuns, my special prayers to you for good health and prosperity in life. Me, all Malaysians and Malaysia are proud to have you both as our leaders. May all your life, both here and the hereafter be protected and blessed by His Almighty Allah SWT. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment