Friday 7 June 2013

Perwakilan Kuwait

I was given a motherly advised by one of my superiors in the Perwakilan WP (an organization  for wives and ladies' officers in MOF) before I left for my first ever posting experience. Her advice was to always uphold the good name of our country everywhere we go, in particular while representing our nation abroad. Until today, I still remember her useful advice and also share the same advice to my ladies. 

When I arrived in Kuwait, I joined the Perwakilan Kuwait under the leadership of DI, wife of the then Malaysian   Ambassador DZ. Based on RY's post, I was automatically her Deputy, a role which I thanked her and also for all the lessons and knowledge which she had shared with me. 

During my stay in Kuwait, the number of Perwakilan ladies in the organization was of manageable size. They were not only comprised of spouses whose husbands worked   at the Embassy. The associate members include Malaysian ladies whose husbands were expatriates working in the multilateral companies, oil sectors, airports, and etc. 

With many members from different backgrounds, our organization not only flourished but more cheerful and merrier. We also shared our experiences, passions and acquired more knowledge from each other because each member was unique and equally expert in their own fields. 

Among others were Sis FM who was a cooking expert and always shared her foods and recipes with us. With her delicious cuisines at most Perwakilan get together, our meetings were never bored. Another lady was a teacher. She knew Arabic language. With her background, our organization elected her as our advisor on some religious issues and also utilized her expertise in leading us for Quranic readings and many more. Another prominent friend was Mrs W who was not only good at making yummy desserts, but she was also a creative person who loved arts. With her passion in batik paintings, she shared her lucrative hobby with us as part of our Perwakilan monthly activities. 

Indeed, there were many more ladies who were very talented and never at all stingy in sharing their 'ilmu' with us in the organization which was not only active in sharing fruitful activities, but most of all - the Perwakilan Kuwait created healthy events and provided fun life to all diplomat and expatriate spouses in a land covered by bronze desert which was far, far away from their relatives and homeland. 

As for me, I truly enjoyed my three years stay in Kuwait and also cherished the beneficial time I shared with wonderful friends in the Perwakilan organization. From them, I acquired not only the art of socializing, but more importantly the true meaning of friendship. I strongly believe that when were are far away from our family by blood, then our friends and neighbors will be our family. Although most of the time, the saying blood is thicker than water is true, but I also believe in a Malay saying: Di mana bumi di pijak, di situ langit di junjung. Another Malay proverb which I always used in time of need each time we ran out of the original   was 'tiada rotan, akar pun berguna.' 

Alhamdulilah, all my praise to Allah SWT for all His blessings upon me and my family. Also for providing me the chance of making friends and meeting beautiful people during our wonderful and memorable stay in Kuwait. Amin.



No comments:

Post a Comment