Thursday 6 June 2013

A Pleasant Surprise

This morning I received a text message from someone I admired and adored. Indeed, it was a sweet and pleasant surprise to me on this blissful Friday morning. Not only I admire this person as being a great teacher and symbol or icon for all international lawyers, but most of all she is a great woman, a beautiful wife, understanding mother and a lovely grandmother. 

She also loves all her friends and whenever she wrote about them or send messages to them, she is always meticulous.  Her words are beautifully intended and personally written for such persons. Her letters to us is something which we wish to keep as keep sake! They all give a good feeling whenever we read them over and over again ...

In fact, I also used to read her books and articles about law and later shared her knowledge with my students. But, it never crossed my mind that I'll meet her in person one day, and we later became friends. Alhamdulilah, we did and I really cherished the beautiful moments the day we sat eyes on each other especially over a sumptuous dinner @Holiday Villa in London. We had a great time sharing about the subjects we both love, chatting about her life during student days, her ever understanding spouse, her grown up children, and also her lovable grandchildren :))

This beautiful mind lady is Datuk Tunku Sofia Jewa. And with Allah SWT grace and will, we met again @FUU, UiTM just a day before I left my home country after a short visit to see my children and colleagues. I must thank my dear friend Dr TIM who makes it possible for me to set eyes and have the honour to have a short chat once more with my friend Datuk Tunku Sofia.  

I pray to His Al Mighty to grant her good health especially after she went through an operation that fractured her right arm. Since then, she has been in and out of hospital for various check ups and hospitalization. In her mail, she wrote: Once you reach my age, you would realize that these 'events' become quite commonplace! Yet, when I look at her and talk to her, she doesn't look or behave her age. She's bubbly and stay beautiful as always. 

I also look forward to read her book 'The Return' which is an authorized biographical rendition of our YDPA. To Datuk Tunku, I'm looking forward to cross path with you again and again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment