Monday 3 June 2013

Before and After

Before ...
You were my students
Way way back in 1998
You were in your first year
LLB Program at UiTM

Fresh from high school
You later joined my class
I taught you 'Legal Process'
Also as your LLB course tutor 
I followed your progress
And prayed for your success
It was an awesome feeling
Student-Teacher Relationship 

Before I could see you on stage
In your robes and mortar boards 
Holding your hard earned degrees
With a heavy heart ...
That pierced like a dart
I had to leave you again

I followed my better half 
As his trailing spouse ...
To a country ruled by a junta
But I've never regretted 
For I pray and always believe 
That we shall cross path again

After nine years ...
With grace from Allah SWT 
We met again in 2007
While you pursue your LLM
And I became your Dean
So we met weekly in the evening

Truly, I'm glad to see you both 
You were still sweet and young
And hunger for knowledge 
We had lots of fun time in class
Together we learnt about LRM
About research proposals, etc
Also issues on Law of the Sea
Baselines, delimitation and others

But, alas ...
Time flies so fast
I could not witness your graduation
Because I had to go once more
To a country covered by snow
Again to follow by better half
And to pursue my dream
Yet, I did not feel any regret 
Instead I'm feeling euphoric and glad
Because I believe we'll cross path again
Sometimes and somewhere 
With His Al Mighty's grace

So today, after seven long years 
We meet again @Nyonya Kitchen
Over sumptuous meals and desserts
Full of congratulations and hugs
Also lovely stories to share ...
About marriages and children
Also work and other long lost  friends

Looking and chatting with you 
I'm truly proud of your achievement
Now, you are full fledged lawyers
Proud owners of your legal firms
Yet, you're still the same persons
Addressing me as your teacher
Full of respect and special treatment 

I'm touched by your words and deeds
And I could feel the bond between us 
Still sturdy and gladly getting stronger
The awesome feeling of real friendship
No more student-teacher relationship
Instead a loving feeling of true sister-ship 
Full of love, sincerity and honesty

To both Normah & Haniza ...
My special prayers of best wishes 
Also good health and happiness
Will surround you and your family 
Today, tomorrow and in the future
And I still have faith in Allah SWT
That we will all cross path again ....
Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment