Saturday 22 June 2013

3 Decades & Still Not Bored!

It was on a Saturday evening  and we had an operation 'Dinner Out' :-D 

While having an Irani cuisine in a cool food court with RY @Mersin, we talked about our children who are in our homeland. They are in their early 20s -  already working, and starting their own life. Yet, we still missed them dearly and wished we could fly to them :( But, this is part of my life as a DS, most of the time we are apart from each other physically yet always in each other's minds.

In actual fact, we just met them two weeks ago, but we felt like it has been eons. How we wished they are here with us savoring the delicious saffron rice with the chicken and lamb kebabs, also the fresh tabouleh and healthy Arabic salads. My daughter, Ms Elle would surely love this!

While we're happily eating, RY narrated a conversation which he had with his daughter when she visited him last winter. Among others which he vividly remembered was a question asked by Ms Elle. She asked, "Daddy, aren't you not bored of playing the PS3 with the same game for the past thee years?" 

Her Dad usually passes his time after a day's work in the office facing his PS3 at his home-sweet-home after dinner before going to bed. While he concentrates with the  game, I will lay besides him and busy myself with keying or scribbling some words into the iPad :)  This happens if we have no events or functions in the evening :D

Anyway, the answer or perhaps more of an anology which RY gave really made Ms Elle's beautiful eyes rolled 360 degrees :D

"My dear Elle, I have been living with someone for nearly 3 decades, and still I'm not bored of her ... What 3 years are you talking about?" Upon hearing the reply, Ms Elle stunned, blushed and later nodded her head while murmured, "Yeah, Yeah Dad, Hi Hi ..." And, later they both burst into laughter like there'll be no tomorrow :D

As for Ms Elle, sheepishly she said to her Dad, "Indeed, you're Daddy and I'm very pleased to hear that ..." Since then Ms Elle never brought the matter about her Daddy playing the same game over and over again of PS3 which she and her brother bought for their Dad on his birthday when we stayed @Golders Green, a beautiful and serene place in North East London. 

To my RY, my heartiest TQ for the lovely answer which you gave to our daughter. Indeed, I'm very touched and truly delighted with the remark :) And, I'm in cloud9! 

Yeah, RY and I have been together for nearly 3 decades, and so do I - never got tired of him. We have gone through life together more than half of our age. Many obstacles and hurdles we have leaped successfully. We have brought up our children with great care and full of love. We saw them grow to be fine young men and also a sweet young lady! Now, they have lives of their own.  We have been to many places together and enjoy our life to the fullest. Yet, we still feel not enough of each other.  Alhamdulilah ... 

As a trailing DS to him, I tried my level best to be the very best of his companion and partner at every posting places - to the rich oil fields, to the rich soil covered by paddy fields and teak woods, to the land of Snow White and now to the Land of Sindbad! We acclamatised and served our best in these places which have their own beautiful stories ;)

To date, I happily and willingly followed him every where he tagged me and did my part and duties as his spouse and to uphold the good name of our nation which we represent. And, so far I've no regrets, instead I'm more thankful and blessed to Al Mighty Allah SWT with my decision. Amin.

(Note: The bright full moon on the night of Nisfu Shaaban as bright as our love ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment