Sunday 16 June 2013

Father's Day

I was attending a Coffee Morning today to bid farewell to a friend who will be leaving us for another posting place in the West. While enjoying the delicious food prepared by the lovely hostess, I heard my mobile was buzzing ... It was a FW by my better half who received this wonderful message from his daughter on Father's Day. The beautiful words straight from her heart:

"I know I haven't been the easiest daughter to handle, but I do try my best to be the best daughter for you. Thanks for always being there for me and for being the 'awesomess' dad ever. Happy Father's Day Daddy!!! I love You, so much."

Wow!!! I can truly feel how happy and euphoric plus blissful my better half is feeling the moment he read the beautiful words written by his one and only daughter. Alhamdulilah. Indeed, she is now 22+ and already a grown up lady. She is now working and earning her own, although her Dad still supports her with the basic housing allowance and car maintenance. 

But, most of all both me and her Dad are truly happy that all our children have finished their studies. Despite me has to trail their father to all the posting places, Alhamdulilah  all our children are able to fan for themselves. They only followed us when they were toddlers till high schools, and when they entered the Universities, they were already on their own. On our part, we only guide them and give advices when they approached us and in need of them. In most cases, we oversee them from afar and watch them grown :)

So, on this Father's Day, I also vividly remember my late Dad who has left me for the hereafter ... I know, I owe him a lot for all that he had given me - mostly the endless and boundless love and also the need and importance of education, which he instilled upon me when he was alive. I truly missed my Dear Abah. I also know, he doesn't want anything from me except some doa and Al Fatihah.

To my Abah (& Mak), my heartiest Thank You for bringing me to this world. Alhamdulilah, I have tasted my share as a Mom and also knew that my better half is an awesome Daddy to all his children. 
Al Fatihah to my Dearest Abah & Happy Father's Day to RY. You're a great Dad to our wonderful children.

My late Abah. I truly missed you. Al-Fatihah to my Abah.

No comments:

Post a Comment