Sunday 16 June 2013

Snaking up the Green Mountain

One sunny morning just before the beginning of Summer Season last year, a friend of mine RJ called to find out if I'm free to join her and some other ladies to Jabal Akhdar aka The Green Mountain. Quickly and positively I answered 'Yes!'

So, that beautiful morning was the start of a fruitful journey for me to one of the most magnificent places in Oman. I like to name the place as the Green Mountain aka the heaven on earth! Not only it was an amazing place to go and worth while to spend for a whole day trip but the spectacular view throughout the two and half hours snaking journey was indeed mesmerizing and enchanting. In fact, it was truly fascinating to watch the lush green mountain 'layer by layer' as we weaved through the snaky road that to me words just could not describe the beauty ...

In a rugged safari beige American Jeep, RM - a Kiwi friend drove the vehicle which took me, RJ and BB to that memorable excursion :) Accompanied by beautiful songs from the CD player our journey was never bored. So do the winding road which was wide and evenly tarred  throughout the journey brought us safely till we reached our blissful destination. 

I was amazed that the snake like road from the City of Nizwa towards the Green Mountain was truly safe and reasonably   wide for both vehicles - for those going up the mountain and those coming down the hill. Throughout the journey there are clear signage which provide information and guides to the travelers including us ;))

Once we reached the Green Mountain, we visited the pomegranate  farms and the blooming Rose Garden. Meeting the hospitable local Omanis who briefed us about the place which intertwined with colorful stories made our eyes wide awake and our ears fully elert, in particular the making of the rose water which they normally used in the halwa or sweet meat. I was deeply interested in knowing the process of making the famous rosé water the traditional way from a very veteran Omani man. Although the process took him hours but the result of obtaining the pure rose water was indeed worth while and profitable to him :))

The experience of 'climbing' the snaky Green Mountain aka heaven on earth in a rugged FWD was something I could not forget as part of my stay in this enchanting land. To His Al Mighty, with my two hands I praise upon you for the opportunity you gave me and the joy I encounted in one of the blessed land of yours. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment