Thursday 6 June 2013

Dunhill Postings

All diplomats and their spouses from my beautiful nation M look forward to Dunhill Postings (DP). It is in everyone's dream. So what is DP?

Perhaps, I could sum it up in the following words (they're just my view and how I feel):

Dunhill Postings ...
A well known phrase or places of an A Listing
To diplomatic corps people it means everything 
Also a strong statement with a partial hinting
Have you been posted to London, Paris or New York, my Darling?

As for me ... 
Posting to London is lovely but a real chore
Paris - the place for designers' goods and all diplo-spouses are praying for
Yet, New York is the place for law and to me, it is interesting but to some, it is a bore ...

In London, apart from duties at airports, I love Harrods and the Liberty
From Paris, I received a gift from HH a classic and beautiful scarlet LV 
Also I enjoyed playing snow in New York aka the Big Apple City
But, of all the places, I still love London
It is the place of sentimental value where I fell in love and met my hubby ...

Indeed, I have been fortunate to not only being trailed by my better half to some of the DP places, but also was able to visit the neighboring nations of the DPs. It was a great opportunity to explore the beautiful landscapes as well as meeting their people and understand their cultures and traditions. Alhamdulilah, all my gratitude to Allah SWT for His grace and the great opportunity He gives me. 
Amin. 
(Note: As a trailing spouse, I have also been to other places - the Middle East and Southeast Asia).

No comments:

Post a Comment