Monday 17 June 2013

Fruitful Life!

There is a saying which I always like to quote and share with my children and friends: life is too short, so give our best in what we do, and enjoy life to the fullest :))

In this country where the warm weather is most of the time longer than the cool season, it makes me prefer to stay @home-sweet-home or attend activities which are held indoors instead of outdoors. One of the monthly activities I joined was the MQ Book Club. It comprises of a small group of 12 persons from many nationalities who love to read and share the knowledge of what they read (in most cases we already decided what book to read and discuss at the  monthly gathering). Among others, Tuesday with Morrie, Autumn Melody, Sharon and MIL, Aleph, Wolf of the Plain and many more. It also forms as a discourse or brainstorming session of a particular book which normally leads to further fruitful discussion of a related topic. 

It was during one of these gatherings that I met an author of a book Before Becoming a Legend whose book was chosen by our group for us to read and discuss. Her name is Professor Zahida Ijaz and her lovely daughter in law is also one of the members of our Book Club.

(Prof Zahida is signing her book for my keep-sake. TQ Prof.)

This 'living legend' is someone whom I adore  and  admire even before I met her in person, and to this day has live her life to the fullest despite her inability to walk due to polio since aged one. Despite her 'handicap' which the normal people say, see and observe, she has indeed become a legend against all odds, 'harrasments' and challenges she faced.

I truly liked her statement "I am not disabled. I just cannot walk." She truly believes in herself. It is because if we were to look around us, there are many so called 'abled people' (not deaf, not blind, not mute or not handicapped), yet they were not abled to do many things. What more to achieve the highest accolade like what Professor Zahida has achieved. To me, when people uttered the word 'handicapped' it is not physical but just the mind (unsound). 

The fruitful life which Professor Zahida is now experiencing is something which she truly deserved.  Also her book was not only inspirational to the readers but it goes deeper into our hearts which was based on her true life story - the sweet sour journey of her life, the trials and tribulations she faced during that passage of life, and all the achievements she achieved where in most cases were after a long struggle. In short, never once she got it easy! Indeed, that achievements made it all sweeter for her and in my case more tear drops of happiness for her ;))

As a DS in this desert land far away from home, Professor Zahida is like a second Mom to me. A naturally caring person she never chooses her friends, and most of all she devoted her life to her understanding and loving late parents, her beloved late husband, her wonderful children and her 'hunger knowledge' students. Hence, it is not a surprise if she is known as a 'celebrity compassionate teacher, to all her former students. 

Her honesty and sincere heart in believing His Al Mighty's power and our Prophet Mohamad SAW (pbuh) gives me strength for I, too believe in HIM. Her inspirational and motherly words will always be my guiding light while I travel in my journey of fruitful life. I sincerely thankful to His Al Mighty for giving me the opportunity to cross path with someone so brave and cheerful as her who lives and enjoys life to the fullest. And to Professor Zahida, all prayers and love for you. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment