Thursday 13 June 2013

A dream comes true ...

My late Dad once told me that it is okay to dream of achieving something. He also said, "But, not like Mat Jenin - daydreaming  without doing anything!" He further advised me that "If you want to achieve something, start with a dream and then work hard towards achieving that dream." :) 

Thank you, Abah for the words of encouragement.  Indeed, I always dream to publish a book, but somehow I am afraid that my work will not be of publishable material and what nought! Until, I met a lovely Myanmar friend Aunty Ruby, who was like a mother to me in a foreign land. Also, I had no intention to publish the manuscript which was at first a journal about my life in Myanmar. But, when Aunty Ruby saw it, she said that the write-up was good and offered her help to run through it before  she introduced me to a publisher Mr Hon who later gave the green light that it was publishable. His encouraging words were, "your work is written straight from your heart, hence it is original ..."

I was pleased and happy with the remark, and most of all the one dream which I have stored in mind will be achieved - just a matter of time :) Indeed, it took me two years before the dream became a reality, before a manuscript could turn to a book, and before the book was finally launched. Although it took sometime but the waiting was worth it! Alhamdulilah, all praise to Allah SWT who grants my wishes and my dream turns to reality. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment