Saturday 25 May 2013

Tempe & Cili Kicap

After a month long of free from cooking, my better half brought home a plastic bag containing tempe, soya bean curd (tofu), black soya sauce, bird's eye chilies, garlic and some limau kasturi. 

When he handed to me the ingredients, I knew that he missed my 'tempe goreng, and 'cili kicap' - two recipes which were handed down three generations from my late grandma, to my mom and now to me. These foods are also my kiddos favourite especially my daughter, Lisa!

After Isya' prayer, I went to the kitchen and prepared the cili kicap. Then RY came and helped me frying the tofu and tempe. When it was ready, I served them with the cili kicap. Indeed, I knew they were delicious and yummy because when they were placed on the table, within seconds all of them were gone! Alhamdulilah, I am very happy that the supper (tempe & cili kicap) was good :) I also hope that these recipes will be handed down to my daughter ...

No comments:

Post a Comment