Monday 27 May 2013

Birthdays

Yesterday I attended my grand nephew (Zikry) birthday celebration @SIL house. He is now 13th :) Indeed, birthdays are events which children and their parents look forward to. Each year passes by with the big day celebrations. Sometimes the parents go all out in organizing the event just to please their children ;)

To me, birthday bash is to show my appreciation to Allah SWT who grants me more rezeki and this is to be shared with families and my children's friends. I love to see the happy faces of my kids when they celebrate their birthdays. Indeed, they not only look forward to their birthday dates but eagerly count down the days, too! When the days finally arrived they are all dressed in their best clothes and waited for the guests and friends to come. Their faces bloom with smiles especially when the guests and friends handed birthday presents on to their hands :)

Alas, when I saw Zikry's smiling face yesterday while cutting his birthday cake which we brought, while the other kiddos sang the birthday  song, my mind soared and gave flash back of yesteryears - the memories of all my children's happy faces while cutting their birthday cake and blowing the candles ... Alhamdulilah.

No comments:

Post a Comment