Tuesday 21 May 2013

Prayers

In Islam, Solat or to perform 5 times prayers a day is fundamental. It is also one of the five pillars (Rukun Islam). Every  Muslim person after he / she reaches age of puberty must perform Solat.

Today, I am very pleased to note that my daughter Lisa has approached me and requested that we perform Solat together  (Jamaah). Alhamdulilah we did the Maghrib and Isya' prayers together :)  After that, we recited the Surah Yassin. Alhamdulillah, all praise to Allah SWT for the beautiful bonding between two souls - Mom & Daughter.

It was an opportunity but a rare occasion for us because we did not stay together. Lisa stays in my homeland whereas as a trailing spouse, I reside in a foreign land. So an opportunity like this is always a welcome and something which I truly look forward to do and spend with her :))

Sometimes, she also asked me on certain matters pertaining to Islam such as Rukun Iman and several doa. Indeed, I'm blessed and grateful to Allah SWT that I could share some knowledge on Islamic matters which I acquired and learnt from my late father who was a former Iman with her. TQ Abah for instilling upon me the foundation of Islam :) Alhamdulilah, now I could do the same as you and impart the knowledge to my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment