Monday 21 October 2013

To Good Health & Soul!

Still in the stage of recovering from flu and all, as for today I prefer to stay indoor ... (@^@)

I was thinking what else to do after I have finished cooking nasi goreng kampung for my dear one's brunch with telor mata lembu! Also I added in a tub some Ferro Roche for desserts instead of the normal fresh fruits as snacks. 

I already had my breakfast as well as gulping some medications and vitamins for my flu. Thinking about my little sickness and my not so good health, while I was resting on the white leather sofa and later browsing my FB, I found this note on the wall which I opined would be beneficial to me and others - Drink More Water!

• Drinking 2 glasses of water in the morning helps activate internal organs 
• Drinking 1 glass of water before a meal will help indigestion
• Drinking 1 glass of water before taking a shower helps prevent high blood pressure 
• Drinking a glass of water before bed helps prevent stroke and heart attack

Indeed, water is pertinent to our health and body. Water cleanses our body. We always feel fresh after taking our shower. We may live a littler longer without food, but we cannot live without water. Since I was a young girl, my Mom always reminds me to drink lots and lots of water. Even the doctors and health care practitioners never tire to remind us "drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday! It keeps our body from dehydration." True our body needs water and fluid. For good health, drinking water is a must. Yeah, in particular with my condition now. I need to drink or consume lots and lots of water. TQ rawforbeauty.com for reminding me :)

To Good Health: Something to share from rawbeauty.com - Big TQ!

Indeed, looking at that notes, my heart leaps with happiness for those beautiful minds who love to share. This also reminds me to an elderly friend of mine the late Mrs Elizabeth Butterfield who during her life time never fails to send me as a new year's gift The Friendship Book of Francis Gay. She wrote: "Mussy, if you believe that every day is precious, then this is the book for you." 

Now, while remembering her and her forever motherly care and smiles that never ceased from her sweet face, my prayer goes to Mrs Elizabeth. Also to tell her that I've never forgotten her and the books she gave me (2006-2008) are now my true 'friends' which I flipped almost every day! The beautiful  words in the books truly raise my spirits and gladden my soul as if kindly spoken by Mrs  Elizabeth herself! I have been looking for the sequels but to no avail until recently, when I boarded the MV Logos Hope and found the 2011 publication :) To Mrs Elizabeth Butterfield, you're always in my prayer and the inspiring words from the books you left for me are exceptionally good to my soul! I Thank You, Mam for your friendship and I strongly believe that every day is precious. And, most of all my gratitude to Allah SWT who graces and allows us to cross path sometime ago in England. 

To Good Soul: TQ Mrs Elizabeth Butterfield for the inspiring books. The beautiful words, uplifting tales and lovely  poems are foods for thoughts, gladden the hearts and good for souls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment