Sunday 20 October 2013

Lunching @Barkha Farm

The weather in Oman is getting cooler ... One day, we were invited for lunch @Barkha Farm. It was about an hour drive from Muscat. When we arrived at the said farm, I could not believe my eyes that I was in Oman. I rubbed my eyes and pinched my arms :D 

I was asking myself, "Am I in Oman or I've been transported back to my home country?" It was unusual scenery. I was not surrounded by the rugged mountains or barren deserts, instead by banana trees and well trimmed green grass :)
       Yours truly @Barkha Farm, Oman

Then, the ever hospitable host and hostess invited us and the other guests to their luxury farm home and ushered all of us to the Majlis. I was truly awed by the ambience of the room which was designed with stylish flair and beautifully decorated with traditional Omani settings. It looks like I was transported to the 1001 Arabian night experience. It also has a traditional high beamed ceilings, an open air room over looking the lush green garden.

What more when we were served with fresh sea foods for lunch in that luxurious environment. Indeed, it made our appetite soared with grilled lobsters and other foodies full of 'cholesterol indulgence'! Yet, we savored the hearty delicious cuisines with full of gratitude to Allah SWT and our blessed host and hostess. 

Similarly, the desserts which we were served too were something which all of us could not resist. They were exceptionally mouthwatering desserts and yummy - homemade hot chocolate soufflés, mango mousse and vanilla ice cream. Wow! Who could resist such temptations. For sure, I can't and I had great time savoring all the lovely dishes and desserts which were full heartedly prepared by the lovely hostess for her guests. And, I for one would never let her down :)

The 'sinful indulgence' which I am forever indebted and thankful to the blessed hostess who prepared the lovely foodies! 

The homemade desserts which I for one could not resist - ice cream + hot chocolate soufflé and mango mousse! Yummy ...

After the heartiest and most welcoming 'sinful indulgence' we were taken to view and experience the other part of the farm house which was surrounded by a large garden with shaded pool and 'mini zoo' that accommodated horses, camels, sheep, peacocks and gazelles. While looking at the animals in the farm, I was captivated by beauty of the Arabian gazelles which the owners told us they weigh between ten to fifteen kilograms. 

We were also informed that "male gazelles usually have thick horns while the female horns are generally finer and straighter. They also browsed on shrubs and grazed grasses."
A Rare Beauty found @Barkha Farm. A truly awesome experience and feast to my eyes :)

On my way home to Qurum29, I told my better half, "Oman is not what I heard or expected - just plain desert with rugged mountains. Instead, some parts are full of greenery. They're beautiful and as if I'm bring transported back to our home country!" He looked at me and squeezed my hands, "Honey, you'll see more surprises if you go to Salalah. It has kareef season there!" I looked up at him with wide eyes and big smiles. Slowly, I uttered, "Are you going to take me there?" His respond was, "Insyallah Dear, perhaps one fine day ..." I quickly squeezed shut my eyes and said my prayer, "Yeah! With Allah SWT will and grace, insyallah one day, I'll be there ..." 

For the time being, Bye! Bye Barkha and Thank You "Mr and Mrs Wonderful" for giving us the opportunity to experience Barkha Farm and having us there.

We shall miss you ...
But, we're truly thankful for the warm hospitality and wonderful experience of not only the lovely lunch but the great time we had @Barkha Farm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment