Sunday 6 October 2013

"Qarun" found in MV Logos Hope

Next week, there will be a long holidays for us in Muscat. It's Eid Adha Celebration. So, what would I do to pass my time? Of course I am feeling happy with my better half Mr Right 24/7 by my side and furry Gary demanding for my attention :D

Apart from spending time with him, lazying around and playing with Gary,  especially with the weather still warm outside, I have decided to spend the rest of my holidays with the beautiful "Qarun" which I found (actually bought) from MV Logos Hope this morning! 

The treasures@Qarun waiting to be flipped ...

From a novel Desert Fire by Shahnnon Van Roekel to the inside story behind classic characters   Under the Covers and Between the Sheets by C. Alan Joyce and Sarah Janssen to something practical or DIY for a fifty something woman Create Your Own Jewellery and many others, I think my in-coming Eid holidays will be worth spending. Insyallah :)

I must thank my friends who happily being tagged along to visit the largest floating library MV Logos Hope which docked @SultanQaboosPort. When we arrived, a vibrant and lovely volunteer Madeleine from Sweden welcomed us on board and showed us around the ship. We were introduced to other volunteers including Alexander also from Sweden, Christopher from Indonesia and Ruth from Malaysia. Her hospitality extended further by offering us some refreshment before we headed to the 'library' to view the books and fascinating reading materials for adults and children. 

A click for remembrance on board the ship with Jay, WY, Mimi and Madeline 

The floating bookstore to welcome 43 millionth visitor in Muscat (2-7 Oct 2013)

Madeleine was very passionate in explaning to us that the ship is actually home to the world's largest book fair. On board, there are 5,000 titles in various languages. It is operated by an international charitable organization (GBA Ships EV) based in Germany. Before docking in Muscat, it was in Sri Lanka and to date, it has visited more than 150 nations since its first launch in 1970. 

While browsing through the books, other reading materials and sovenirs in the ship, I was captivated by the volunteers exceptional energy and charismatic approach toward the visitors. They were extremely helpful and truly busy yet happily entertaining them with beautiful smiles on their faces :) I also admired the ambience of the book fair @Deck4 which was reader-friendly and neatly stacked with varieties of titles - from biography, fiction, motivational, cooking, garderning, DIY, and an exceptionally big section with loads of children's   books, toys and what nought! That was truly awesome and certainly a thumb's up to the organization and the crew which includes volunteers from over 45 countries! 

I love to only 'browse' this section > cooking books but not to buy and what more to implement in my kitchen ... LOL!  He He H

I'd rather have this novel to the 'chagrin' of Mr Right ... He He He! Once I start, I can't stop. So, before I start flipping, I'd better make sure a pot full of mint tea with a container full of cheese sticks are beautifully placed nearby his  PC (@^@) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment