Saturday 26 October 2013

"LuvGoats" @BandarAlKhairan

After an adventurous Eid Holidays to Masirah Island, I told Mr Right that I'll just enjoy the weekend @homesweethome. However, this morning he enticed me with "Honey, wanna take a ride to the Marina @BandarAlRauda?" I smiled at him and quickly replied "Oh! That's not bad. Only half an hour with good view and we could enjoy the signature drink lemon mint at BlueMalin!" I waved to Mr Right to spare me some minutes before I put on a summer dress. 

Soon, the 'lovebirds' were off in their silver BeeMer after a quick breakfast of prata with dhall, curry beef and chicken masala. However, when on the road instead of taking the usual route towards the Marina from Qurum to Al Bustan Palace and bypass Ruwi, Mr Right weaved through the Wadi Al Kabir route towards Qantab - Yiti areas. Then, he turned to me, "Wanna go to Yiti?" I was stunned and responded, "I thought we're going to the Marina?" He took my hands and said, "We will very soon, but for now let's go to Yiti. Only 7km from here!" I smiled and said, "Ok!" 

Just before we arrived at Yiti Village and while admiring the beautiful rows and rows of palm trees on one side and expecting true blue serene greenish sea on the other, we saw a signboard "10km to Bandar Al Khairan." We looked at each other and simultaneously nodded - a sign that we both agreed to take a ride to the designated place. 

Subhanaullah, the tarred road was great with few sharp bends and eerily breathtaking  corners for those with weak hearts like me but not for 'happy2venture' driver. It was heaven for Mr Right to test his driving skills! It also reminds me of the film Rush! Although I mumbled myriad of prayers in my heart for safe journey, yet I must confess that the journey was superb with fascinating scenery on both sides. On most occasions it was heaven on earth beauty with rugged mountains full of greenish copper. On some parts it was intertwined with magnificent sights of blue-green water lagoon! I just felt like jumping and diving into the heavenly blue sea :)

Then, we saw the signboard on the left side of the winding road >BandarAlKhairan Area. Wow! While scouting the breath-taking yet calm and serene surroundings, my Chinese eyes caught sight of these two "LuvGoats" stood on their feet for finer shoots! That was exceptionally sweet and I quickly took a snap of them. They're just like us > two lovey dovey persons having la-la time @weekend :D

"LuvGoats" enjoying their brunch - sweet fine shoots @BandarAlKhairan :)

Then, we paved into the smaller route and drove up to the hill and when we looked down towards the lagoon, I just could not believe my eyes - it was truly amazing  with spectacular hidden treasure of scenery beyond descriptions! X-Factor Oman. A beauty secluded by the rugged Hajar mountainous  desert. Perhaps, liken to a princess underneath her veil! Who ever wishes to see, he / she must come and see for himself / herself. I just don't have the correct words to pen and describe the beautiful scenery that His Al Mighty has blessed to his land!

A pose in contrasting colours - golden sandy mountains and welcoming deep turquoise bluish sea. A spectacular sight of BandarAlKhairan beautiful lagoon!

Hidden beauty of Oman - Yours truly surrounded and engulfed by myriad  golden sands and magnificent blue sky and sea :)

After savouring all the beauty and inhaling the fresh air, Mr Right and I continued our journey towards Hajar Mountain and stopped @Jebel Sifah. Again the journey involved an adventure of weaving through the winding road and dangerous curves and ghostly bends! While driving his BeeMer, Mr Right reminded me of the time we spent with our kiddos last two summers when we travelled together in our rugged scarlet Cherokee. With that bulky 4x4 we were abled to weave into the rough off roads which we did and landed us to a small fishing village where we later took a boat ride round and round the beautiful lagoon! Oh Marisa, wish you're here :D

We reached Jebel Sifah and enjoyed the scenery of the white sandy beach. Also roamed around the SifawyBoutiqueHotel and later quenched our thirst @Sammak Restaurant. In Arabic samak  means fish!

A seafood restaurant squeezed between the silvery beach and brownish rugged mountains. Deserts + mountains + oceans >ALL in One!
A view from the restaurant towards the soft sandy beach and blue-green Sea of Oman

After a short break of not a glimpse of fantasy, instead a true blue fantastical experience, we drove to reality again - the hustle and bustle of Muscat City Life. We brought back beautiful memories of Magnificent Oman that we'll treasure safe in our hearts. On the way home, I managed to capture a scene of a donkey resting under a tree for some shades. Also rows and rows of palm trees with light brown mountains as it backdrop. All these sights were feast to my eyes while consoling my already 'hungry' tummy for lunch @Marina Bandar Al Raudah. 

A green tree in the middle of a desert provides a good shade to the lonely Mr Donkey who may be waiting for Ms D ...
On our way back to Muscat - Breathtaking sights of palm trees in Yiti towards Qantab area 

Finally, we arrived at Marina Bandar Al Raudah. It was lunch time, so we had our lunch @Blue Malin Club House. We ravishly savored the English fish and chips with green peas with the signature lemon mint drink. With other guests in BlueMalin while heartily savouring our meals over looking the blue sea which was beautifully lined up with boats, yachts, dhows and catamarans at the Marina, I truly enjoyed my day out! The 5 hours 'hop on hop off' in the faithful BeeMer with various stoppings was worth while. My gratitude to Mr Right for the lovely weekend treat :)

Fish & Chips for the hungry stomachs @BlueMalin Club.

While sipping and enjoying the ice lemon mint, I also enjoyed the lovely view and ambience of the BlueMalin Club @Marina Bandar Ar Raudah, Oman

No comments:

Post a Comment