Thursday 10 October 2013

"A Catch @GlitteringArcade" in IEC, Oman

Walking passed the glittering arcade @IEC brought nostalgic feelings to me during our posting days in Yangon. There, we were surrounded not only by glittering diamonds, pigeon blood rubies, midnight sapphires, the striking green emeralds but also tons and tons of jades, pearls and semi precious stones - amethyst, peridot, aquamarine, citrine and many more! 

And this morning, I was tagged by a friend to view International Jewellery Exhibition @Seeb. I was mesmerized by the glitter and as though I was transported to a glittering arcade where women from the high society had the privilege to see, touch, bargain and of course bring homes the luxurious treasures of their choice. 

For some, who tagged their 'pay masters, they were the lucky lots. But, others who were not tagging their steady stout pay masters, yet brought with them shiny sleeked tiny plastic cards with various Bank logos in their branded Chanel or LV bags to be swiped at any time without limits - indeed they were the most fortunate ones and be the envy of others. But I truly believe there is no sheer jealousy instead the feelings of gratitude because each one of us is given our own rezeki, therefore we have to be happy for them who could afford all the glitters and at the same time be grateful with what we have within us. Insyallah all be well and praise to His Almighty for all the rezeki bestowed upon us. Amin. 

Well, coming back to the glittering arcade, after I scouted a few booths, I found something that caught my eyes and it was only a piece there. I was contemplating to buy or not to buy. Being a woman always a woman - who has desires with beautiful things! So, here it is > my 'catch' for today :) That's my rezeki and I am truly thankful to Allah SWT. Alhamdulilah :)

For Mr Right's owl eyes only ... (@^@)!

Also, during my one hour casual  tip toeing and stopping from one booth to another, I had the opportunity to talk about Jewellery, the market price of golds and silver with the ever smiling sellers from all over the world including Beautiful  Mogul's Gems, Wingo from Hong Kong, Adam's Sons Jewellery and Kanz Al Saharaa. The top of the icing was the opportunity to mingle with the designers from Luca Carati, Italy, Elma Turkey, Sakai Thailand and a self-made entrepreneur lady designer from Oman. That was awesome and I learnt many things from them who were enthusiastic to share their passions to me - just an ordinary onlooker!

When I arrived at home with my little 'catch' and placed it in the drawer, my eyes caught sight to a set of emerald with diamonds and yellow gold setting which was a typical Myanmar design that I bought two decades ago from Lady Luck in Yangon. It was  of a sentimental value because I bought it with part of the proceeds of the sale of my books after its launching @Traders Hotel. While the other proceeds I had given to some charitable organizations there. It was a good feeling to own something that glitters for remembrance from somewhere you once set foot. My greatest Thank You His Al Mighty for all His bounties and love. Amin. 

Something to remember from Yangon - the land of pagodas which is flooded with glittering gemstones ...

No comments:

Post a Comment