Sunday 13 October 2013

Porridge 4 Invalid

I am feeling weak and restless. Last night I could not sleep well. Sweating. The coughing was terrible. I had fever. The sore throat was unbearable. Each time I swallowed the saliva, sever pain felt from the infected tonsil. I tossed my body left and right, yet everything seemed not right! Mr Right embraced me and uttered, "We'll go see doctor tomorrow ... For now try to sleep. Count the sheep." He kissed my forehead and hugged me closed to him. I felt save under his protective arms. I said my supplications instead of counting the sheep. Then I dozed off ...

I was awakened by Gary's touch. His soft paw was on my cheek. I looked at my watch on the side table. It was 5am, time for Subuh Prayer. I went to the bathroom for an ablution. But I found out that I had my period. It came again after three months gap. Oh! I missed my prayer but it's okay. I did zikir instead. And I went to sleep again till after dawn when the sun crept through my window. 

This morning, I woke up and took my bath. I wanted to see a doctor badly. I surely need some antibiotics for the infected tonsils. It's weekend. Our driver's off day. Also our helper's outing day. So we don't have breakfast at home. And Mr Right said, "No need to call driver, Honey. I'll drive you to hospital." In fact, he already checked through google the route to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital compound, Mr Right said, "Honey, please do the registration first and I'll be with you soon." I went inside the hospital, walked to the counter and paid OR3 registration fees to the receptionist. She gave me a receipt and a ticket No.6. 

By then, I saw Mr Right was already waiting for me at the waiting area. Just a few minutes later my number was on the screen. I was welcomed by a lovely lady doctor. She looked at my mouth and quickly said, "You had tonsil infection" as I suspected earlier. She continued, "I figure you're having wet cough and little fever." She was really sweet and continued checking my blood pressure and chest. Then she said, "You need antibiotics. But are you allergic with any medications?" My answer was, "Penicillin." Then, she said, "If that's the case then I'll give you Omnicef 300 and anti inflammatory Voltaren."  Soon, she wrote on a paper all the names of the medications which I needed and told me to take them after foods. Happily, I thanked her and walked to the waiting area where Mr Right was waiting  and smiling at me! 

I told Mr Right that I had to take the medications from the Pharmacy Department. So we went  to the pharmacy and took the medications. Mr Right paid the OR24 bills. In the car, he asked me, "Honey, what do you want to eat?" I looked up at him and said, "Anything Dear, as long as not spicy. I can't swallow foods yet." So he took me to MsiaCafeOman, where we had roti telor with dhall. That was awesome with cool ice lemon tea. 

On the way home, Mr Right stopped @LuluHypermarkets. He bought some fresh coconuts for me. He said the juices good as to cool me down from feeling feverish. When we arrived at home he open one for me and I gulped the fresh juice. Wow! It was so cooling ... Thank You Mr Right. Then he told me to take my medications and go to sleep. "A full complete rest is what you needed, Honey" he lamented. I took all the medications and soon I was off to bed. I don't know for how long did I sleep. It was a deep slumber. I think the cough syrup helped to put me to deep sleep! I only woke up when I smelled foods seeping through my nose. "Oh! Mr Right is cooking?" Am I dreaming? No, I am not dreaming. The smell was real! Indeed, he was cooking some foodies for me. Yeah!!! 

True enough some minutes later he came to our room and touched my forehead. Then he said, "I cook porridge for invalid" in the kitchen. He continued, "If you're feeling better, come down and we can eat together." At that moment, my heart bled with tears of happiness. "Mus, you lucky lot!!!" Only His Al Mighty knows what and how I felt of my dear Mr Right at that time. The feeling of gratitude and very fortunate to be his one and only wife! Thank You Allah  SWT for your blessings upon me and for giving me a wonderful husband who every woman is wishing and praying for ... :) Alhamdulilah, I am one of the lucky ones!

     Porridge for invalid ... TQ Mr Right :)

While eating the porridge, I asked him where did he learn to make them? His respond was, "My mom when she cooked for my little brother Odin." Then, I asked him again, "How did you do it?" He smiled and said, "Oh! That's simple. I can do it even with my eyes shut!" Hah Hah Hah :D he burst into laughter ...

Anyway he told me that the recipe was simple. First, cut some onions and garlics. Also some potatoes cut into cubes. Place a little oil in a pot. Very little, he emphasized. Then put in the cut onions and garlics. Slowly fry them. Add some meat and continue to stir fry. Add four cups of water and one cup of rice. Put them all to boil until the rice cooked and the meat become tender. Add potatoes and make sure rice, meat and potatoes all well cook. Lastly, add in half teaspoon salt to taste. Since the water is more, the rice become porridge. It's really good for digestion! Wallah ..  the porridge was delicious and I could not believe that I finished a bowl full. Since it was soft, I could easily eat and swallow it through my 'infected' throat. I did not feel the pain. I felt so good and my stomach felt the warmth too. Thank You for the awesome porridge Mr Right! 

Now, I have to take my medications again ...

Something for me to gulp after walloping the lovely porridge! Insyallah, I'll be well soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment