Tuesday 22 October 2013

Don't Wait, Tell Them Now!

I have not called or written to a friend for sometime ...

I miss Her and her antics. But, somehow I know that she's well. She's enjoying her life with her family and friends. She has more time to herself now. She's active in posting her thoughts in FB - sharp and clear! I am truly happy for her well being. And, I must contact her now ...

While I was thinking about her and contemplating to write to her, I came across a reminder from Margaret Ingall (The Friendship Book of Francis Gay) who wrote :
You plan to thank your loved ones,
For wisdom that they've thought?
Don't tell them later, tell them now.
Your friends have kept you going,
With their comfort and support?
Don't tell them later, tell them now.
For "now" is just the only time 
We're guaranteed to own,
The only time that we might have
To speak, to write or phone.
So place it high upon your list,
No matter where or how,
Don't plan for sometime, never -
Tell them now!

Wow! I must contact her now! Without delay, I quickly open my FB and write a message to this Dear Friend, "Anja, hope you and family well :) Happy to note you have more time with your family and friends. Also active in FB. May you have great times with your loved ones for time is always not on our side. Take care dear and you're always in my mind!"

Indeed, I felt so good after I wrote that short message. Hopefully, she'll receive it in time and I'm not late to wish her well, safe and sound. Also, while I'm still intact with my six senses although not so good with my health but at least I'm still able to punch some keys and send her the message. It is because in life, we do not know when we will be recalled by our Creator. It can be sooner or later, so if we have something to say to someone - be it a word of thanks or whatever from our minds and hearts as Margaret Ingall said, "Don't tell them later, tell them now!"

To Anja, TQ for being a friend - "a person with whom you dare to be yourself." We may be separated by the oceans but we may meet 'virtually' just by pressing some keys on the BB, Galaxy, Tablets and all the gadgets. Happy Browsing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment