Monday 21 October 2013

Post Eid Shopping Spirit!

I was browsing through the pages in the Times of Oman when I spotted at Feature  Article some pictures of Eid Accessories @OIEC in Seeb. Wow! In the newspaper, the exhibition hall looks paradise for   shoppers and moreover the merchandise were truly appealing and the shoppers were in their shopping spirits! To my eye sight, it's more like Post Eid Paradise for Shoppers :D

Anyway, the curiosity DNA in me was too strong - I wanted to find out what was available there? So, this morning I went to OIEC. When I entered the exhibition hall, I was amazed by the huge crowd. Mostly ladies in their exclusive abayas were busy purchasing the merchandise from booths to booths - cosmetics, perfumes and colorful lingeries. The products were mainly imported from DBX. 

I don't know how many booths were there, but at first glance one could assume it was more than hundred. It was liken to an international bazaar where merchandise from all over the world were brought into the exhibition for the public to view and buy! While weaving through the various booths, I was more interested in the materials from neighboring countries. They were not only beautiful but unique with distinctive designs.

An apparel for someone who's looking for an Arabian Nite theme :)

I also stopped by at the Arabian Oud or Perfume Booths. I was looking for an  Armouage  products which was synonymous to Oman. Unfortunately, I found none in the exhibition and was informed that the exclusive product is only found in exclusive shopping centers in Muscat such as the MCC and Sabco apart from the Duty Free Department at the airport and its only Outlet in Al Khouds, which I visited with my AWG colleagues last summer. Indeed, I missed the Armouage products, but for the time being I had to make do with what other booths were offering :)

Amouage - a signature perfume from the Sultanate of Oman "that fires the imagination of all who come into contact with its wonderful product!"

So, I weaved through from booth to booth searching for something unique, not very expensive yet truly valuable. I was uttering to myself, "Can I find what I want?" So far nothing interest me, until I stopped at one booth where the Seller was not only charming but friendly. I browsed through all the merchandise in his booth but nothing captured my eyes. So I asked him if he has something which he wanted to sell but the item was not shown in the booth. He showed me something that caught sight of my eyes from a box. It was a set of dainty butterflies earrings and a matching necklace. I immediately fell in love with the items and when he named the price - I could not believe it since it was exceptionally worth the money spent! TQ Mr Seller :)

A 'prize possession' during Shopping Spirit @OIEC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment