Monday 4 November 2013

'Sole' Treatment!

This morning I had severe headache that went straight to the left eyes! Perhaps the tiny whinny fish bone that got stuck onto my gums? I had ikan parang masak asam pedas last two days, and perhaps there it was because I felt something not right in the gum (?) when I rolled my tongue on to the affected area. So, Mr Right advised me to see our dentist just before he left for work. We kissed and waved goodbye at the doorsteps. But as usual furry Gary was on my shoulders to 'bid' good morning to his Dad!

At 10am, once I was ready - off I went to see our dentist @AlKhuwair but the good   doctor found nothing serious except sore gum! LOL - > all were good, he said! But he gave me some medications both oral and gel for the sore gum. I took the medicine and also  applied the gel to the gum when I reached home. Within seconds and after a little rest on the comfy white leather sofa with Gary on my side I felt much better :D

Then I heard my alarm buzzing which means time to prepare lunch for Mr Right! OMG, what to cook for him, today? In fact, I am already out of ideas or recipes to cook because mine - both the skills and knowledge in cooking were very limited or near to zero! What more with fishes that he bought from Seeb Fish Market yesterday? He bought Tenggiri, Kembung and Sole. Also 3kg of clamps!

Worst still I don't have the skills nor patience like he has when cooking or steaming or grilled them! Hu Hu Hu! The best I can was only frying them. Even then, only small fish and not the big fish such as sole. But  I decided to do my best. I wanted to surprise him this afternoon with 'Sole Treatment' as Pre Maal Hijrah Lunch treat. I want to start the coming New Year 1435 with something positive and good if not best! I must give my best shot :) 

Alas, in no time, with much difficulty yet full of determination in my heart and soul, I managed to deep fry the 'Sole' for Mr Right. I wanted it to be crispy since he liked it that way so I used a very slow fire and the cooking was truly time consuming. Many times I consoled myself to be patience. Finally, after much turning and flapping from one pan to another at last it was cooked. I told myself the end result must be good and first impression counts. Except for the tail which after the many turnings had become half gone, I managed to hide it with some salads as garnish :) I felt really good when I saw the fish was fried beautifully and the imperfect part was intelligently hidden with fresh salads. Whoosh ... I can't believe that I did it! But I did :)

Sole Treatment for Mr Right! An answer to Mr Right's statement in FB Comment dated 4.11.2013 - "Please take a picture of that Sole fish after you fried it. Hahaha"

The 'Sole Treatment' was served as part and parcel of Pre Maal Hijrah Lunch Treat  comprising of coconut rice, sambal tumis ikan bilis and other condiments. Bon Appetite or Enjoy Your Meal, Sir! Ahem ...

No comments:

Post a Comment