Tuesday 12 November 2013

Diplo Kids

Yesterday, I was invited by a friend for lunch at her cosy home sweet home in Qurum Heights. It was a Chinese style luncheon with varieties of delicious cuisines comprising of sweet sour fish, lemon chicken, beef ginger, corn soup and stir fry kangkong with mushrooms neatly arranged in exquisite bone China on a beautiful antique dining table.  

While we were enjoying our sumptuous meals serenaded with Mandarin instrumental musics, suddenly we heard a happy kid's voice coming from the front door calling "Mommy, I'm home!" With a very sweet smile, my friend wished to be excused for a little while to attend her diplo kids who had just arrived from school. I returned her request with not only a smile but an 'envious' nod! I am truly happy for her and how I wished there are little soothing voices calling me that afternoon "Mama, I'm here ..." But, I'm keeping my two hands tightly clapsed with prayer that I shall meet my grown up kiddos at year end - Insyallah, I'll be seeing them with Allah SWT will and grace when they all be here for the winter holidays :)

Anyway, although truly feeling envious but I'm delightful to witness my friend's  happiness who was surrounded by her little tots and happy children's voices with lots of nags and hugs. They had lots of stories to share with their Mom. They also handed to her their big lunch boxes with just small Harry Porter school bags. Most of their stationery and books are kept in the school locker, thus no burden on them to bring lots of books or heavy weight school bags!  Soon the hyper and jovial diplo kids came to say hello and shake hands with me with their faces beautifully painted with vibrant colours and in feline prints! Wow! What a fascinating sights and looks :D 

For me that scenario was eons or about two to three decades ago! While waiting for my friend to tend her children, my mind soared to my own diplo kids more than two decades ago when my better half was posted to Kuwait City and later to Yangon before the cosmopolitan London. I had gone through the similar situations what my friend is now going through with her diplo kids.

Just like her, my little kids then called and running to me each time they arrived from their AISK or ISY! Also they were eager to share with me what they learned at school. They were happy to show their "Excellent" stickers which were pasted on their hands by their teachers for good conduct and brilliant works at school. And there I was hugging them with proud feelings. I am the proud Mom! Those were the days that till today still lingers and occupies my mind each time I see tots, kids or school going children. When I passed any school through the window of my car and seeing  the jovial innocent kiddos and the faces of happy mothers always brought proud, wonderful and bright feelings to my heart as bright as the blooming flowers.

Nowadays, I'm in my golden years yet my heart is still blooming watching my kiddos who are already married and leading life of their own. Also I shall patiently wait for the time to come to welcome and cradle my 'diplo grandchild' ... I don't know when but I'm sure the time will come, one fine day. Insyallah. For now, I am content with just re-arranging my diplo kids 'left overs' which are very sentimental to me. I still keep a few of them with me every where I go and wish to hand them to who ever the generation be! Also to jot as much jottings as granny's stories for them in years to come when I'm no longer here.

Teddy Shoes for 'Diplo Grandchild'? Still praying and waiting for the time to come to pass these to him or her :D

No comments:

Post a Comment