Wednesday 27 November 2013

My 200th Jotting?

I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the screen showed > Blog Archive 2013 (199) which means this writing will be my 200th Jotting? Or my eyes are 'playing hide and seek' with my mind? No, they weren't for I'm pretty sure of the  bold number ...

Indeed, it is :)) Wow! I did it in seven months from May to November this year. Alhamdulilah, my heartiest gratitude to Allah SWT for His Grace in this selfie accomplishment. But, my sincere Thank You goes to Perwakilan Muscat Media and Information Committee that made this 'self journey' of writing a blog dream comes true! To Intan D'VogueMom and Amizian Truly Amy, all my  thank you wishes to you for making this quest happening :D I may not able to reach the unreachable stars, but I believe that I have accomplished my self target to brave what I dare not do then! With that confidence, insyallah I will continue to jot more based on what my Chinese eyes see and what touches my little heart :)) 

When I started this 'journey' my main purpose was to share my writings with my children and perhaps with future grandchildren when the time comes with a view if I'm not able to see them in person, then they will be able to know me via my jottings. However, along the way I was abled to share some experiences and stories with my loved ones, closed blog group and a few friends when I personally forward to them since I'm still not ready to open it to all as yet. Perhaps one day, when I'm truly ready ... 

I also believe that time is of the essence and since I'm now part of the golden girls, so whatever I received from Allah SWT is truly 'rahmat' to me, especially the good health, the fountain of love and mercy flowing over me, lovingly brought into this world by responsible and caring parents, great childhood life with siblings, fair share of friends along the way to my adulthood, having Mr Right as my blessed partner in a blissful marriage life, wonderful children, also students and existing family and friends far and near as well as all the beautiful things that had happened to me thus far. While I still want more, on the beautiful things that had been bestowed upon me or happened to me I wish to share them through my jottings which I believe every one has a unique tale or story to tell and from it perhaps we can all learn and grow from. 

So, what more shall I jot on my 200th Jotting? May be on 'Everyone has a Story!' Just like yesterday, I was interviewed by Mr Correspondent about the charity event which my colleague and I took part @MGM. After the interview session, the table turned where I queried Mr Correspondent as to how long he has been in Muscat? To my surprised, he happily answered, "Thirteen years, Mam." Wow, that was long for a foreigner to stay in a particular country. Then, he freely narrated and shared his story about how it happened. It started with his wife who came here first fourteen years ago and worked at one of the colleges. At that time they had two children. The following year he followed his wife's trail with a plan to work in Muscat for just two years or so. 

But, time flies and without realizing it > tick tock tick tock - Wallah! It's already thirteen years with an extended family i.e. now with four wonderful kids where the eldest had just graduated, whereas his second is now entering college and the third in high school. And the youngest child has just turned three! Isn't that awesome :D Indeed, I'm truly happy for him who told me that he is absolutely grateful to 'land' in this blessed country with exceptionally warm hospitable people. He find happiness here with his six-some family, satisfactory vocation, good education for his growing up children, but of course they have not forgotten their motherland - hence they occasionally visited their evergreen home-sweet-home and their relatives.

Before we part, we thanked each other for the 'interview' and hoped to cross path again for more stories. To Mr Correspondent, all the Best Wishes in your Life and also your Career, Sir which was once my biggest dream!

My 199th Jotting ... When I looked at this figure, I could not believe it at first. But, soon after it gives me the 'booster' to continue with my jottings based on what I see and what touches my heart :D

My 1st Jotting > I Did It! My sincere and heartfelt TQ to Intan Felisha and Amizian Azlina for their faith in me to try my hands on 'blogging'!
I shall miss Amy's presence in Muscat but certainly not her writings through Truly Amy :))

No comments:

Post a Comment