Sunday 17 November 2013

"Your Mistake, My Agony!"

I promised myself that I will never repeat this silly and stupid mistake again which resulted in your agony! Although you never mentioned it explicitly, but by the looks of your face, your eyes and your behavior, I know too well that you're angry with me, Gary. I could   read your feelings and absolutely understand   how you feel as if you're saying straight to my face, "Mom, how could you do this to me? Your Mistake, My Agony ..." Sob! Sob! Sob!

It all started last weekend when I booked for Gary's appointment for medical wash with the Clinic. For the past one and half years we always sent him for the medical wash as his monthly routine to keep him clean and his claws well trimmed. It normally took an hour and when we came back for him, his fur was fluffy after the clinical shampoo and blow dry and most of all he'll smell fresh and wonderful! 

But last week when the girl at the Clinic's reception asked me if I wanted to groom him, I answered affirmatively 'Yes!' with a view like the previous monthly routine. Then, she asked me again 'short' or 'medium' and I answered 'medium' with a personal view that 'short' connotes the groomer will cut his fur short which I have no intention at all!  In my mind, I just wanted his beautiful shaggy grayish fur trimmed only followed by the usual body wash and blow dry just like the norm. 

I truly love his shaggy grayish white fur and so far it has been my routine to brush his furry hair twice a day at home :) After I signed the paper and left Gary under the care of the so called groomer, we left the Clinic  for some coffee and blue berry muffins at Costa. Once done, we waited for Gary in the Clinic. This time it took us more than an hour's wait which was not normal but quite okay for us as long as Gary is fine and 'well groomed' meaning beautiful with great fluffy hair liken to a fantasy gray tiger's cub and beautiful aroma fresh from the 'grooming room!'

But, after nearly two hours of waiting patiently for him, alas when we saw Gary with his 'new look' I was stunned and felt truly sorry and guilty to him. Instead of looking well groomed and beautiful, he looked like a sick feline. Instead of trimming his fur like the usual practice when we sent him for grooming, the groomer shaved his fur! All his gray fur vanished and he was left with the coarse whitefish fur only. His long fluffy tail was no longer there. Instead it was 'replaced' with long and thin tail with shortened fur and just at the tip still shaggy! And, of course when he saw me he gave me the 'angry look' which was shown all over his face! 

Worst still when I arrived at our home and heard the shocked and surprised remarked from Mrs P who took care of Gary's foods and Daily Care. When she saw Gary's new look, she said to me at point blank, "Madam, he looks like a monkey" which automatically made my heart sank for my poor 'sonny' ... Indeed, my 'stupid' mistake made Gary feeling miserable and didn't like his new look at all. That made me feel more uncomfortable and sad each time I set my eyes on him. He was also reluctant to be held by me which was not his usual self! 

Oh! Gary is feeling the agony over my mistake. But when I held him and stroked his fur gently, I also consoled and promised him that I would not repeat that silly and stupid mistake again. To my Gary, please forgive Mommy. Insyallah as said by Mr Right and others who had seen his new look which he truly annoyed and detested, "Gary's fur will grow like before. Perhaps more hairy and fluffy!" Indeed, I would like to believe them and pray hard that his hairy grayish fur will grow as they signaled to me. But, some said that I have to wait a month or so. Others said, to get his full self again, perhaps two months!!! OMG ....

Gary: Mommy, I don't like this new look!!! Please, don't take any picture of me :(((

Gary: I love my old look and especially when Dad holds me like this .... :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment