Friday 15 November 2013

Blissful Drops!

It's mid-November and the weather in Muscat is getting cooler after months of scorching summer! I truly look forward to savor  this time of the year till end March. It is also called 'winter season' which is very popular for BBQ activities either at the silvery sandy beaches along the coast or up on the rugged mountains. 

To start enjoying the cool season, this evening we decided to join some of our countrymen for BBQ get-together and family fun times @Seeb Beach which was half an hour drive from home-sweet-home. I was excited and can't wait for Asar to come @3pm because the BBQ event will only start after the prayer where all the families will gather at the beach! Mr Right had prepared the evergreen beach mat, two beach chairs and a big blue umbrella especially for me to shun away from the sun. He also made sure that I also had my big pinky hat with huge sunglasses and reminded me to tag my blue shawl for the night wrap!

We also did our part to share with our friends by preparing some foodies. Mr Right and I went to Matrah Market and we bought some fresh fishes including sole and others. Once cleaned he marinated the fish with salt, turmeric and ginger and neatly placed them in a cooler. Wallah! They're all ready to be BBQ'ed!!! I also prepared some sambal kicap as dip for the  fish and a tupperware of nasi goreng kampung and fried frankfurters for dinner to be shared with friends under the bright moonlight with cool breezy wind from the sea! We planned to stay warm and happily chatting with fellow countrymen and their family members around the bonfire until midnight. 

However, as human beings we can only plan, but Allah SWT has the Final Say! On this there is a saying in my language with little amendments in italic "Ku sangka panas sampai ke Tengah Malam, rupanya hujan di Dinihari" :D We did not expect any rain because we are in the dessert! -(@^@)-

Indeed, it happened - it started with Blissful Drops just after we had Maghrib prayer together @5.30pm and was followed by our BBQ foodies! Night just begun and I was enjoying some grilled prawns and sweet corn with my friends. The others were still barbecuing the beef, lamb, kebabs, burgers and many more. Some families were still eating beside the bonfire. The children were seen happily playing with the sand to make sand castles where I managed to snap their cheerful moments with my mobile. 

Then I noticed that the Blissful drops did not stop! It kept pouring. But before the small to medium drops turned to heavy rain fall, Mr Right started packing all our things and 'shooed' me to start running towards our car. The situation on the beach was liken to 'raining cats and dogs!' In my case, the scenario was as Kay wrote in the FB comments: "Best Giler. Lama tak mandi hujan ... Paling best sebab lari-lari dengan D & D sampai basah kuyup ..." By the time we reached our car, we were all blissfully wet!!! 

Rare View: Heavy Rain in Seeb captured by me the minute I was inside our faithful BeeMer. It was an exceptionally a rare view in Oman. I felt like I was transported to my tropical home country where rain and flash flood was the norm. I was soaked with water and heavily panting due to running from the BBQ site to the roadside where we parked our car! Hu Hu Hu but feeling blessed with Allah gift from the sky :))

No comments:

Post a Comment