Monday 25 November 2013

Count Down ...

I am counting the days ...
In less than a month, my dearest daughter Lisa will come and visit me in Muscat. As a 'diplo-mom' who lives miles and miles away from her 'diplo-kids' and with full knowledge that her no longer kiddos instead a grown up young lady will come truly boasts a mom's longing spirit of her loved one!

Apart from to make her room ready, I wanted to make sure that Gary's fur is back to normal > thick hairy furry just like the day before we sent him for grooming! I'm not so sure about it, but certainly I'm hoping and praying hard that it'll be liked status quo :D Since Gary is Lisa's pet and the last time she set eyes on him was almost a year ago, I desperately want her to see the best of him. All the while, I only send her the pictures of him in various actions and antics! And, she too is impatient to meet him again. Alas, I hope I won't disappoint her ;(( 

While counting down the days, I also make a check list of some foodies that I would like to cook for her. Among others,  the popular Malaysian cuisines nasi lemak with sambal tumis ikan bilis and all it's condiments, roti canai with fish curry, soto ayam and of course her favourite Cokodok Ikan Bilis with Sambal Ketuk and Bubur Lambuk. 

Other than the above, I planned to have some Mother-Daughter bonding time over some foodies in various cosy restaurants which I think she would enjoy such as in Shakespeare and Al Mouj both @The Wave. The former has beautiful Victorian ambience whereas the latter is of high end Golf Club which has cosy environment over looking the green! Also I wish to take her to Crepe and of course at her favorite eating place for Fish & Chips @D'Arcy Kitchen in Jawarat Shatti. 

Knowing that she'll come to visit me, I already prepared for her some clothing and dresses with the hope that she'll like all of them. In fact, next month too will be her 23rd Birthday. So I am planning to take her out for a Birthday Bash. Perhaps her Dad has a place in mind of where to celebrate her momentous day. Last year Dad presented an iPhone as her birthday gift. Yet, for this year I have not heard of anything. May be a surprise gift when the time comes :))

So far when we chat virtually via FB or send messages through emails, she always poured her heart out and sometimes about her feeling stress @workplace. However, after listening to her grouses, I always encouraged her to be patience as well as be nice but firm to others. And, I told her to continue working where the bonus is to spend time with us during her vacation which she truly liked and looking forward to meeting US > Mama & Ayah! The count down to meet each other always bring smiles to both Mother and Daughter :))

Lisa - waiting anxiously for the arrival of Malaysian Former Prime Minister  & Wife @RumahMalaysia in Qurum 29, Muscat during her visit last year '2012'! As Flower Girl, she wrote in her FB: Getting Ready to meet Tun Dr Mahathir and Tun Dr Siti Hasmah. Excited+Nervous!

A bouquet to Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali. A joyous moment for Lisa :))

No comments:

Post a Comment