Sunday 10 November 2013

Mengkuang ...

I saw and snapped a picture of this Mengkuang Plants aka Giant Screw Pine @Al Mouj Golf Club. A rare and refreshing contrasting emerald sight within the golden dessert which instantly brought nostalgic feelings to me - where my mind and heart freely soared to my Dear Lovely Octagenarion Mom in Happy Village.

The Mengkuang @Al Mouj which brought tears to my eyes > I'm missing the happy moments laying my head while reading Enid Blyton's book on Mom's lap while her hands busied with criss crossing and weaving the already treated and coloured Mengkuang leaves and turned them to intricate and truly colourful patterned tikar and tudung saji for her family and customers.

When I was young, these Mengkuang plants were part of our financial life lines to keep us going apart from Dad's salary from the oil palm plantations. Mom - an exceptionally strong hearted woman and soul who I saw never showed her 'tiredness' to any of us always has her hands full of things to do! If she isn't making her beautiful handicrafts from Mengkuang leaves, she will seen busy with her needle works using the ever faithful 100 years old Singer hand sewing machine or crocheting her children's jacket or table mats for her ever cosy home. Indeed, she can't stay still. She always finds time to do things and never once I heard her complaints :)

Nowadays, I see less of Mom because of my task as a trailing DS. But, I never short of calling and hearing her sweet voices although miles and miles apart and separated by the oceans. Mom and her her usual antics always enlightens my heart each time I heard her through the phone lines. Like this morning when I called her, she was with her latest newborn great grandchild Iffat. I congratulated her for the new addition and she replied in a very soothing voice that choked me, "Most of my friends and neighbours  have gone and all my in-laws have gone, but I'm still around. My sons in law and daughter in law too passed on, yet I'm still around! And now, my newly great grandchildren was born and I'm still around ..." Then she laughed but her laughter brought pearly tears to my cheeks. I want her to stay alive forever!

To my wonderful Mom, I love you always. May Allah SWT grants you Long Life for you to see perhaps one day my newborn grandchild! You have seen and cradled my sibling's grandchildren, and I pray you'll see mine, too. Although I don't know when, for only Allah knows but I'm pretty sure insyallah one fine day you'll have the chance to cradle a great grandchild from my side - the RFamily!

Me & Mom sending off our 'Sonny' for his Solemnisation with DiL @Bride'sHome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment