Monday 25 November 2013

Memories of Diplo-Kids

I received a message from a friend inviting me to visit the Malaysian stall whose children's school BSM will celebrate International Day and Malaysia will be participating in the momentous event. I accepted her invitation happily since it reminds me of my diplo-kids wonderful time in both AISK and AISY while proudly celebrating their D'Day with teachers, parents of their friends and fellow buddies! It was one of the school's events which I believe every parents and certainly to me back then as a Mom always counting our days to participate! Those days about two decades ago we always look forward to such event with feeling of eagerness to share our nation's culture with the kids' teachers, friends and visitors from other nationalities. 

As Mothers, I remembered my friends Watie, Zara, Annie and Rozie where we join hands and did all the preparations for the International Day - not just by preparing foodies but also guided our school going children to  show case our Malaysian culture through welcoming dance performance "Selamat Datang" that attracted the crowds to our stall! Oh!  Those were the days yet till today still remain beautiful memories to all of us as DS or expat-wives :)

Coming back to the BSM International Day, when the day finally arrived, I was very happy to witness the Malaysian team comprising of several mothers in promoting and sharing their beautiful motherland with the visitors who went to their stall which was beautifully decorated with Malaysian banner and handicrafts. There were spread of Delicious Foodies home cooked by the ever caring Moms to be sold at the well decorated stall where the proceeds will be given to the school for their children's school projects. I believe it was a beautiful gesture with generous contribution from each nation that took part in the event to the school which their countrymen's children attend and gain valuable knowledge for their future life in return. 

However, what touched my heart most was their conduct of joining hands, the working   together with unity and and feelings of esprit de corp that they shared among themselves to ensure the success and smooth running of the important day for their children which was truly commendable. And, I was proud to see the hospitality and their smiling faces when they greeted the visitors with "Selamat Datang" or Welcome to Malaysia. Indeed, that was the Malaysia truly Asia sprit! 

While in the 'International Ground' I took the opportunity to go around and stop to browse and sometimes buy some souvenirs at other nations' stalls. Among others, the Indians, Pakistani, Canadians, Japanese, African, Indonesian, Russians and of course the UK stall. It was a day to be remembered and all the memories of my diplo-kids joyous moments when they were young and still in schools came back to my mind while I observed and witnessed the happy moments as BSM celebrating her International  Day. And, most of all, I'm very pleased to see a young boy who was smiling and happily helped his mother in the stall by selling the delicious foodies and some Christmas cards to their teachers and fellow school friends in one of the stalls. That was truly awesome! Indeed, he's the proud of every Mom :))

A helping hand to be emulated by all -"Treasurer, Here's the Proceeds from the Sales!" :D

@The Malaysian stall in BSM with the ever caring Moms in promoting our nation hospitality and foodies :))

No comments:

Post a Comment