Thursday 25 July 2013

Thoughtful Neighbour!

Living abroad as a DS, I am truly blessed with thoughtful neighbours. More so during the holy month of Ramadan. 

Look what have I got today! Two plates of light Iftar foodies, the Samosas & Doughnuts from a Thoughtful Neighbour. Alhamdulilah ;)

         Wow! They looked Yummy ;))

In fact, Mr Right told me not to cook for Iftar today because he would like to take me for an Operation Dinner Out somewhere. The place, he wanted it to be a Surprise! :D  

Anyway, at about noon I suggested to  him that since we're having our Iftar out, I'll just make chocodok pisang and some hot drinks as light Iftar. After our Maghrib prayer, then we'll go for the Big Meal. He totally agreed with my suggestion. I was so happy that I quickly   requested my helper P to prepare the ingredients, so that I could deep fry them at 6.30pm since I want it to be served hot!

However, at about 5.30pm we heard the bell rang and Mr Right said, there must be someone sending us some Iftar foodies. "Good Wish!" I replied. Indeed, true enough when I opened the gate, there were two ladies who worked for my neighbours. 

Happily they handed two plates of foodies to me and said that their Madam conveyed her Salam Ramadan to us and hoped that we liked her foodies. ;) Alhamdulilah, that's what we called rezeki rolling down from the sky!

So, I stalled my intention to make chocodok for today's light Iftar. Insyallah, I will do it tomorrow. Perhaps, I shall also cook Bubur Lambuk and distribute to my neighbours. May tomorrow come and May my wish to return the favour come true! Insyallah. 

Alhamdulilah, after the calling of the Azan by the muazzin from the nearby mosque, both Mr Right and I had our light Iftar the Yummy Doughnuts and the Tasty Samosas!!! We had them with hot milo drinks. Big TQ to our Thoughtful Neighbours ;))  Although they were light foodies, yet they filled our tummy well before we went for Maghrib prayer. Once done, we left our home for our Big Meal. 

This time, my Mr Right took me to Al Maida Restaurant @Qurum Garden. The place was quite crowded with people having their Iftar meal. It was a buffet dinner with a range of more then twenty dishes where we had among others the lentil soup, Mandi rice, tandoori chicken, roast lamb, dhall curry, many kinds of salads and lots and lots of rukhal bread and tasty hummus. There were potato fries and some sambusac. The deserts were plenty comprising of Um Ali, baklava, layered jelly and custards. Wow! Indeed, we truly had a heavy and luxurious Iftar meals. TQ Mr Right :))

However, after the Big Meal  I still craved for some  ice cream. So, Mr Right took me to Gelato @MGM and I had the Gelato Dates Ice Cream which was a special treat during the month of Ramadan! That was really cool and I loved the honey like dates' taste. Sweet and mouthwatering dessert ...

    Gelato Ice Cream / Dates' Flavour!!!

After having all the sumptuous foodies, we drove back to home sweet home. The half an hour slow drive made me a little sleepy. Yet, instead of shutting my eyes and dozing off,  I wrote these words into my notebook about my wonderful thoughtful neighbour:

Oh! Thee and me are neighbours
We've been friends for two years
Different nationality different races
But same faith with similar cultures

Once you took us to the interior
To visit the farms of your ancestor 
Full of dates that made us fattier
Also our stay more fruitful and merrier

Oh! my dear thoughtful neighbour
TQ for the foodies for us to savour
They're yummy your fruits of labour
May you've more rezeki and life prosper!

Once again, to my thoughtful neighbour, I thank you for all the good foods and great deeds! Only Allah SWT could repay your kindness :) Amin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment