Tuesday 16 July 2013

Surah 4 Children (1)

I am longing for my children ...
Especially when Lisa texted to me to call her since she felt less confidence to face her client for the first time at her workplace. However, we were just starting the conversation when her superior called and she told me, "I have to go now Ma ... (for Iftar)." I replied "OK" and put the receiver down.

But, my heart went to her and I prayed to Allah SWT that she'll be fine. I hoped she still remembers the Doa which I taught her before she went for any examination, viva voce or faced an interviewer or a group of panel members during an interview. I prayed hard she did. 

The Doa:
Robbis rohli sodri wa yas sirli amri
Wah lul uq dho tam mil lisani
Yaf qau hu qau li
Among others it means:
"Oh My Lord, Open my heart, make my work easy for me and remove the impediment from my speech so that they may understand my speech."

Or in my language, more or less it tells us, "Ya Allah, lapangkan lah dadaku, mudahkan lah urusanku, dan hilangkan lah kekeluan lidahku semoga mereka yang mendengar dapat memahaminya."

Anyway, while remembering my daughter, my mind also vividly recalled what my late Abah told me about children. He said, "Adik, if one day you got married and have children, please read or amal the three Surah from the Quran - Surah Luqman, Surah Maryam and Surah Yusuf." Indeed, I read them before, for all of them. And, now when I recalled his advice, I quickly opened my Al Quranul Kareem and began to recite them. I also looked into the translation for better understanding of the Surah. 

First, I read the Surah Luqman (Q.S31:1-34) and slowly recalled the teachings from my late Abah. Among others  this Surah told me about stories on Luqman, a very pious servant of Allah SWT who was bestowed knowledge and wisdom. He told his son the obligation to pray, pay alms-tax and firmly believe of the hereafter as sanction by Allah SWT.

It is highly recommended to read this Surah according to my late Abah when we are conceiving or having children because the Surah stressed that Allah SWT is the only One who knows what is in the mother's womb and Allah SWT commands all men and women to be kind and do good to their parents whose deeds and favors can never be repaid adequately, in particular their mothers :)) 
So, Insyallah, when we have children, hopefully they'll remember us and they'll be kind to us, too.

While reciting this Surah, I particularly like  Ayat 14 which among others said: "And we enjoined man to show kindness to his parents. His mother bore him by bearing strain upon strain ... And his weaning is two years. Therefore, give Thanks to Allah SWT and to your parents ...and Remember to Allah SWT is the final return." 

In actual fact, I was smiling when I read the translation and my heart went to my daughter. Alhamdulilah, I was able to breast feed her for three years. During that time I felt so blessed to Allah SWT for the beautiful bond between me and her. The breastfeeding experience can never be described by words but can be seen when she was fully fed and went to sleep soundly :D

Then, I continued to do my Isyak prayer and followed by the Taraweeh prayers and Doa that my Lisa is able to dispense her job well today. Insyallah :))

          First page of Surah Luqman 

*Note: To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment