Thursday 18 July 2013

Surah 4 Children (3)

I am longing for my children ...

I've just received an email from my daughter Lisa. Quite long ;) where she narrated what happened at Iftar with her superior and the client @workplace. All that she feared - the less confidence to face client for the first time and what nought had been overcome! Indeed, she enjoyed the Iftar and was able to execute her job well. And, when I called her after I received the email, she sounds very cheerful and we chatted for a little while 'mother-daughter' talk with all the laughing and giggling :D

Indeed, I am thankful that she as a new and very young  executive has received a proper guidance from her superior - also a lady but awesomely someone who is very caring and wants Lisa to move to a greater height in the workplace  :)) Alhamdulilah. And all praise to Allah SWT that His Al Mighty will assist her and make all the work easy for her as well as to remove impediment from her speech when she meets and talks to people or clients, so that they will understand what she is about to say or relay to them. Amin. 

So much so about my daughter who I am pretty sure that she will send me more messages for further assistance and opinions in the future. But that's what parents or mothers are for, aren't they? I always look forward to hear from her especially the good news like when she called me in the middle of the night just to surprise me that she received Dean's List. Then, she called again also at odd hours just to share her happiness that she had received her first pay check!!! :D

Well, while I was reminiscing about her and wished that she is here with me to have Iftar together, my mind also was 'soaring' to her brothers who are now married. Alhamdulilah, I love all my children equally for they are the trust or amanah from Allah SWT  to my better half and me. 

Talking about  her brothers, also reminds me to my late Abah again. He said to me once when I was in primary school and still learning to read and recite the Quran, "Adik, if you're married one day and expecting a baby boy, don't forget to read Surah Yusuf." I looked at him and asked "Why, Abah?" He smiled and replied, "You'll get a handsome boy!" LOL. 

But, I totally had forgotten about it until years later, after I got married and was expecting a baby boy. And, my late Abah's words were coming back to remind me of the importance to read Surah Yusuf in the Al Quranul Kareem which has 111 versus when I was pregnant. 

Not only I want to have a 'handsome' son but most of all I hope to have someone who has all the good characteristics like Prophet Mohamad SAW and also Prophet Yusuf AS who was known for his special 'beauty' which most women desire and fall for. Yet, at the same time, Prophet Yusuf AS had successfully   brushed the seduction and instead he endured the agony and always believed that with every hardship is ease. I would like my son to emulate this good conduct and behavior. Insyallah.

And now, when I flipped through the Tafsir Ar Rahman I realized what my late Abah had told me were all true. The entire verse 4-101 tells me the Story of Prophet Yusuf AS. Indeed, he was a very good looking young man that many women desire him based on Ayat 31 of Surah Yusuf that states, "So when she (Zulaikha) heard of their intrigues, she sent and prepared for them a banquet, and give each one of them a knife. And she said (to Yusuf): Come out before them. Then when they saw him, they were amazed at his beauty and they unconsciously cut their hands, and said: Allah forbid! This is no mortal, but a gracious angel!"

 Ayat 31-35 of Surah Yusuf ... (From Tafsir Ar Rahman)

Alhamdulilah, all my praise to Allah SWT who protects His servant. And, Prophet Yusuf AS did not fall for Zulaikha, the wife of Al-Aziz an influential man in Egypt. Instead, he chooses to be thrown into prison due to the accusations. 

However, after an investigation it was proven that all the accusations were all false and indeed Prophet Yusuf AS was an honest, unsullied and innocent young man. As stated in Ayat 51 of the Surah, "(After the women were summoned) the King asked them. What made you seek to entice Yusof? They answered: Allah forbid! We know no evil of him. Then the wife of Al Aziz said. Now the truth (which was hidden all the time) must come to light. It was I who sought to seduce him (but he refused). He is surely of the truthful."

So, from Surah Yusuf, it could be summerised that "it explains the Truth of the Quran" from its very first verse. And, Allah SWT has narrated to our Prophet Mohammad SAW about the life of Prophet Yusuf AS who "has experienced all kinds of hardships and went through many tests but was, in the end successful due to his fortitude, honesty and strong faith." (Tafsir Ar Rahman). 

Thus, for me I shall take note of this important Surah and will read and share the lessons learned to my sons. Insyallah, my prayer that they too will grow well as fine young men and have absolute faith and dutiful to Allah SWT as well as respectful to their parents. Amin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment