Wednesday 17 July 2013

Surah 4 Children (2)

I am longing for my children ...
Surah Maryam (Q.S19:1-98)
    First page of Surah Maryam ...

Another Surah which my late Abah advised and recommended me to read if I conceived a baby girl was Surah Mariam. Among others he jokingly said, "Adik, not only will you get a girl who is dutiful to you, but pretty, too." Oh Abah, how I wish you are here ... But, sadly, my late Abah was not able to meet my daughter. He was called by Allah SWT to alam barzakh for HE loves my late Abah more. 

But I have the feeling that my late Abah could still see my daughter who has now grown up to be a young lady from above :)) Well, 'pretty' I am not sure Abah, (beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder) but insyallah she is so far dutiful and sweet looking through my eyes and I love her very much!!!

Back to Surah Maryam, after I received the text messages from my daughter that she wanted me to call her for some opinions related to work, but we were not abled to continue because her superior had called her for Iftar, I quickly opened the Tafsir Al Rahman and looked for Surah Mariam. 

While flipping through the Quranic pages my heart sank for I vividly remembered my late Abah. But, I am truly happy instead of feeling sad because my late Abah had taught me the way to read the beautiful verses. One by one I read the verses and the translations. My heart soars to my daughter who always looks up to me for some opinions if she faces something be it study or work related, also sometimes on her personal matters. Indeed, I am very blessed to give birth to such a sweet  young Lisa. Yes, I always pray that she be dutiful to the Al Mighty Allah SWT and also her parents. Insyallah.

On this, I found the verse that my late Abah used to instill in me to read if I am pregnant with a baby girl. Alhamdulilah. It was Ayat 32 from Surah Mariam which among others it said, "And (Allah SWT made me) dutiful to my mother and not insolent, or bereft of grace." 

As a DS in this foreign land, I am surrounded by many friends. And, quite a number of them are mothers' of so and so. Also the duties and responsibilities of us being mothers never end, just like what I have written earlier on in Superb Jugglers! 

Anyway, as far as Surah Mariam is concerned, as was told my late Abah, the Surah was revealed to our Prophet Mohammad SAW in Makkah. It is about the Stories of Maryam Binti Imran, the virgin mother of our Prophet Isa AS who was given the scripture Injil. And, when I flipped through and read the Tafsir Ar Rahman, the verses related to Maryam, her early life and motherhood  were described in Ayat 16-34. 

Indeed, it was truly blissful to read the beautiful and meaningful verses in this Holy month of Ramadan. It not only gives me the most serenity but nostalgic feelings. It made me feel truly blessed for the opportunity to become a mother. Also at the same time I feel insaf because I went through the process of becoming motherhood in a much simpler way through marriage. 

But Maryam Binti Imran, a chaste virgin  was the chosen one! Where in Ayat 16 of the Surah said, "And recount (Oh Mohammad) in the Quran the story of Maryam: how she left her people and betook herself to a solitary place to the east." Which means she had to leave her parents and her people as instructed by Allah SWT through Angel Jibrail to retreat to the east of Baitul-Maqqdis in order to perform her devotion. 

At first, she was scared as shown in Ayat 20, "Maryam asked (with fear): How shall I bear a child when I am not touched by a man, and never have I been a lose woman?" But Angel Jibrail who was sent by Allah SWT told her not to be afraid.  Indeed, Hers was truly "a miraculous event which is a sign of the Might of Allah SWT, who creates everyone in the manner HE Wills." 

And Allah SWT protected her and commanded her to remain silent if anyone talks to her so as to avoid being questioned by gossipers as clearly stated  in Ayat 26. Also whatever questions posted to her will be answered by her baby (Prophet Isa AS) in the cradle through the supreme power of Allah SWT as shown in Ayat 29-33 of the beautiful Surah. 

As an ordinary woman and mother, the role and preserverence shown by Maryam Binti Imran for the love of her son really touch my heart and something for me to emulate. Insyallah. And all praise to Allah SWT for all the blessings He gives me and most of all for being blessed with the experience of motherhood. It also reminds me to always be blissful and dutiful to my elderly Mom Mrs HRHR who is living in Happy Village. I am blessed to have a very caring Mom such as her. Although we seldom meet because of the distance, Mom in the Far East and I am in the Middle East, yet I always hear her sweet voice and motherly advice through the 'life line' magical iPhone! Alhamdulilah :))

*Note: To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment