Saturday 20 July 2013

BuburDurian 4IFTAR

Before: It's Full ;)

After ... It's Empty :D
Do you want to know who eat a bowl full of BuburDurian 4IFTAR? Jeng! Jeng! It's none other than my Little Gary (: @•@ :)


Talking about BuburDurian, I must first of all Thanked E & K who made it happened! Two days ago, I received a packet of fresh durian from them and I quickly frozen it in the freezer. I told myself that I'll make desserts using the durian sometime during the weekend. So, this evening I did it! Yeah. 

First, I scoop two small cups of dried mung beans and placed them in a big pot. I put water and soaked the beans for 5 hours. Once it was soft, I put it to boil for half an hour. Next, I added the frozen durian and cooked for fifteen minutes before I added in palm sugar or jaggery plus 2 stalk of pandan leaves for the aroma. I stirred the mixture well over a small fire on stove. 

Soon, I added in a small slice of fresh ginger for purposes of 'buang again' or wind riddance :D  It was a tip from my ever knowledgeable Mrs HRHR. Big TQ Mom! Once the aroma had filled up the kitchen,  I finally added in a cup full of fresh coconut milk. With a wooden spoon stirred the mixture well till the BuburDurian is well cooked. Wallah! I love the smell. 

Since, I was fasting while cooking it, I prayed hard that the BuburDurian will turn out good. May be not as good as my Mom's cooking, but for Mussy's standard, I think she'll get an A*** (wishful thinking, but I think Gary had judged it well by finishing a bowl full of my BuburDurian!)

And since we are still in the month of Ramadan, my Mr Right asked me what shall we have for Iftar today? I quickly told him that we're having BuburDurian for dessert. Yet, I am still contemplating what to cook for the main dishes. Then, suddenly I looked at him and sort of like pleading and said, "Darling, I sort of craving chicken tandoori like the one you cooked when we were courting?" He looked at me with full of surprised look and replied, "That was almost three decades ago!" 

Then, I assured him that it was okay since we have all the ingredients in the kitchen. Hihihi, fortunately he was in a happy Ramadan mood and it's weekend, too. Hence, he doesn't mind to 'dirty' his fingers with the spices :) Alhamdulilah, I had the dish which I craved for. Thank You very much Mr Right. As for the recipe, I can't share it here because it is Mr Right's specialty and I have not tried my hands on it. Well, may be one day but  I'd prefer for now, just to savour the delicious chicken tandoori as how Mr Right cooked and served me ;))

So, for Iftar today, we had a complete menu where for starters we simply took three pieces of Omani dates. It was followed by the main menu which comprised of white Jasmine rice. The dishes were Mr Right's signature dish the chicken tandoori and Mrs Right's daging masak lemak cili padi which I learned from my MIL and also mixed vegetables. We also had some pieces of ikan kurau salty fish as appetizer :-D  Wow! That was truly delicious and yummy Iftar. 

Alhamdulilah, all praise to Allah SWT for His continuous Blessings and also the abundance   Rezeki 'foodies' which were  well laid on the table for our 11th Day Iftar in this Arabian Land. More so, we had the mouthwatering BuburDurian as our dessert.  It truly completes our menu. Amin.
The full set menu - Rice with chicken tandoori and daging masak lemak cili padi with mixed vegetables waiting for US to have them!!! Yeah :D

2 comments:

  1. The tandoori chicken looks nice. Terror Dato masak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The food display looks so mouthwatering good!!

    ReplyDelete