Saturday 13 July 2013

Heart 2 Heart

Yesterday I felt so blessed after almost an hour chat with my daughter who is living in our evergreen home-sweet-home. Separated by the blue oceans Yours Truly is now residing in a desert land surrounded by rocky barren and rugged mountains. Yet, TQ to the cyber world we could chat virtually :D

So what did we chat about? We had heart to heart talk :)) As her Mom, how I wish we could stay together where I could look after her health and wave to her each time she is in her car before she's off to work and waited for her impatiently till she comes home ... But, I can't for I have an obligation to her Dad and my duties and responsiblities as a DS. And, she knows it very well of my tasks. Big TQ, babe!

Anyway, we chatted on many issues - from health to working life to how's our home and many other how's namely, Big Bro & SIL, our gangster little feline Gary and her Kitties Leo, Slipper and U Turn and of course our Beemer. All these 'gossipings' made us LOL!!! Indeed, I missed her and her 'antics' a lot but I never forget that I have to let her live her own life. Well, more than two decades ago, she was still clingling and suckling to my breasts, but now she has grown and turned into a lovely young woman ... 

Oh! How time flies. It seems like it was only yesterday we went to Tasik SA to feed the cat fish with breads and her Big Bro who was then two and half years old days excitedly said "Titon Ma Titon" referring and showing to me the big cat fish or ikan which was swimming in the lake!  While my little daughter at that time was less than one year old and was still snuggling next to my breasts.  Now, her Big Bro is already married ;)) And she is now already working as a young executive :))

And this morning, I called my Dear Mom Mrs HRHR, a ritual which I did three times a week. My Mom stayed in her home in Happy Village which was built by my late Dad's bare hands. It was built on stilts just before I was born and was later renovated as a house when I was in primary school. My Mom does not want to break away from that home which was  built on a quarter acre land full of bounganvilla flowers. 

That is her home-sweet-home, a small yellow and brown painted 'bungalow' where she lives with my Sis Sofie, her hubby and little Farid :)) Although they have their own homes, but they sacrificed to stay and look after my Mom who does not want to stay at other places or follow her children. She wants her own home which is adjacent to a mosque where my late Dad was a former Imam there. Al Fatihah to my late Abah!

While talking with her over the phone, she later poured her heart out to me about her children. Indeed, I know she missed all her children who are now having their own families and some already have grandchildren, too. But, my Big Bros and Elder Sisters often visited her but they did not stay overnight because they have their own homes and obligations. But, I could sense her heart where she wishes that all of them could  stay longer with her just like old times or when they were her little children :( But, Mom said that she could still hear her children's voices whenever they called her :) That're really soothing ...

Anyway, she truly looks forward to Eid Fitri which will be in three weeks time when one of my elder sisters will come and stay with her for a longer period. That will surely make my Mom happy ;)) And on Eid Day, all of them will throng to her home with their children and some with their grandchildren. After meeting her, they will visit my late Dad's grave and recite the Surah Yassin for him. Indeed, she can't wait for all of them to come home and fill the house with laughter, she said!
 
Well,  Listening the Heart 2 Heart talk from my beloved Mom certainly brings intertwined euphoric and nostalgic feelings to me. It reminds me not only to the conversations which I had with my daughter yesterday but also with my Mr Right when he woke up this morning.  Oh! He surely misses his children :( Indeed, that's the common feelings of parenthood. How all of us are longing for each other and wished that we are staying together forever. We hope to always see each other, having meals together, praying together and sleeping under the same roof together and the routine never stops. 

But sometimes Fate determines our lives and we have to follow the flow and do the best we can. Most of the time we are not staying under the same roof anymore. However, since we are living in this technology world, so distance is no longer an issue where Heart 2  Heart conversations  need not necessarily be face to face but we could do via Face Time, Chat Room, Skype and other means. In short, our world has become borderless, so there's no reason not to be able to listen the Heart 2 Heart Talk!

    The Connection ... Big TQ ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment