Friday 12 July 2013

Everyday is an Examination

I ask myself today? What have you done since you woke up and what are you going to do till the end of the day? 
I look at myself and started to narrate this. It is like writing my answer on an examination script and the Examiner is none other than Allah SWT. 

First, I woke up @4.06am. I did not take my sahur before dawn because I had it at midnight just before I went to sleep. My imsak was quite heavy comprising of a single date and a plate full of white rice and ikan masak kicap. And my better half also prepared for me a bowl full of coconut juice. Wow! Yummy & Truly Refreshing and I felt so so full :) and of course I am very happy and sang a song of childhood days:
Gendang gendut tali kecapi
Kenyang perut suka hati ...

Hi hi hi ... LOL

Anyway, it was also because earlier on, I had a very simple but full of berkat iftar together with the community here in my home-sweet-home with just two pieces of dates, a slice of water melon and a plate of fried noodles. I skipped the qabouli rice and the other foodies. I only had a glass of rose syrup too! But, I enjoyed meeting my friends and the rest of the community and praying with them all the prayers - Maghrib, Isyak and the sunat Taraweeh. We prayed together as a congregation which was indeed afdal. Amin.

Hence, when Imsak time, I am still feeling full and could last till Iftar at sunset! Then, I continued with my sleeping. After sunrise I opened my eyes and later lazying on my bed while reading some simple surah including Ayatul Kursi and followed by browsing through the world and homeland news from my iPhone. 

Here, I must thank my better half for this special gift 'iPhone 4' on my 50th birthday last year. Indeed, this gadget has provided me with knowledge via finger tips. If I want to read anything from the Al Quran to all the worldly news, I only need to press the Safari icon. If I want to watch movies or listening to musics, I only have to go to You Tube! If I want to check my emails, I only press the mail  icon. Similarly, if I want to chat with my kiddos, I just press the FB picture. And of course, when I want to write in my blog, my caring and sweet DIL had already set the apps or icon for me. Oh! Alhamdulilah, my life is so blessed :)

Before I took my bath, I managed to chat  virtually via FB with my DIL and happy to receive the news that my sunny son has recovered from fever. Indeed, I was very worried when she informed me yesterday that her husband was down with fever and yet he still continued with his fasting. Alhamdulilah he is well now and he looks forward to tonight's event Thank Ford it is Friday and his well designed car would be on display! 

And also my DIL had prepared a simple sahur for them this morning before dawn namely white rice with sambal sardines and fried eggs. Alhamdulilah, all praise to Allah SWT for granting my son a thoughtful wife and my doa always for this newly wed couple - May their life be blessed and fully protected by His Al Mighty Allah SWT. 

So after I have finished chatted with her, I took my bath and followed by Solat Sunat Dhuha ;) By this time, my better half was already in the bathroom taking his shower. While waiting for him, I made our bed nicely spread with pink covers. Then, I saw my little feline Gary and played with him for a little while followed by brushing his long gray furs :D   Indeed, it is a blessing to have Gary with us. He 'warms' our home with his cute antics and 'gives' love to his owner as well as provides some 'beautiful and soothing' noise to our home ... We love you, Little Gary!

Then, I heard my better half asking me, "Mama, what are you going to prepare for Iftar, today." Cuddling him, I answered, "Well, perhaps Bubur Lambuk. What say you?" He smiled at me replied, "Wow, I like it? Do you have all the ingredients or shall we go to Lulu?" I immediately answered, "No need, I have all the things in the kitchen!" Yeah, so for today's Iftar I shall prepare and serve him the famous M's Bubur Lambuk, where the recipe I followed my late Grandma Nyai :)) Al Fatihah to Allahyarhamah Hajjah Mariamah. 

And, when my helper P came to clean my bathroom, I told her to take out both chicken and meat from the freezer to be thawed and ready for my Iftar cooking! Don't you see M, life is very easy and blissful for you? Indeed, Yes! and so far I am happily and truthfully enjoying my life with all my loved ones and great families as well as caring friends both in my homeland and in this place where I am residing at the moment which I could call home-sweet-home! 

Alhamdulilah, all my gratitude to Allah SWT for all His love, blessing, compassion and rezeki to me and my family. Amin. And, with that doa, I heard Azan from the nearby mosque calling for the Zohor Prayer and Immediately I performed the prayer as His Servant and to Thank Him for all that beautiful and boundless gifts He has granted upon me. Amin. I also recited a few Surah in this holy  month of Ramadan because I knew He Loves His servants who recite or reading the Holy Book of Al Quranul Karim which was given to our Prophet Mohamad SAW during the month of Ramadan. Alhamdulilah. 

So far, I have done something good for today and I hope to repeat the good doings tomorrow and in the future days. Amin. In fact, I also feel very good today when I received two messages from dearest friends AA and SA. First AA wrote:
Dear M.
The pleasure was all ours ... to have you at our dinner ... Great to have friends like you which only shows that caste creed and religion have no place in friendship and we can all live in harmony. Will cherish this (friendship) forever.

SA also wrote:
Dear M,
What a nice article (Indian Nite). It is a brilliant idea to share your experience and feelings with us. Really, I'm honoured and happy to get to know you and develop this into a very nice friendship.

Alhamdulilah, all praise to Allah SWT. I am surrounded by wonderful people in this worldly world especially family and friends which money cannot buy! So, while waiting for the Asar Prayer, I take this opportunity to write this little note which is liken to an examination of my day to day activity to be gauged by Allah SWT. 

I hope in future through every second, every minute, and every day to remember to do more good things so as to please Him, and to get More of His Blessings. Insyallah. It is also as preparation of my Amal to be tagged along with me when my time comes to be recalled by Him, which I don't know when for He knows best! 

But, for all my wrongdoings to Him I will do the Doa Taubah: 
Robbana atina fiddunya hassanah
Wa fil akhiroti hassanah wakina azabbannar. 
Amin. Insyallah, Allah SWT will accept my sincere doa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment