Wednesday 10 July 2013

Iftar @Qurum29

Today is the very first day of Fasting in this holy month of Ramadan in this hospitable Land of Legendary Sinbad ;) Alhamdulilah, so far I was able to brush away the temptation and just do the basic as far as Iftar is concerned. Also RY wishes to eat at home-sweet-home in Qurum29 instead of somewhere posh or in restaurants or hotels. 

So, I told him that I'll serve home cooked foods. As usual, we start with the sweet dates to break our fast. I also sliced some water melons to quench our thirst. He also bought fresh coconuts but I prefer to take them after my maghrib, isyak and terawih prayers or else I am not able to do any prayer because by then I'll be too full with water :D   With more water in my stomach will make me feel bloated, heavy and lazy ... Ouch!

Anyway, for the main menu, I prepared white rice. Also sotong masak lemak cili padi. I hope it tastes good especially the salt and what nought! Since I am fasting, so I am not able to taste the food. I shall base on my instinct hi hi hi. I also made sambal sardine with fried potatoes and deep fried ayam berempah. To add as appetizer I fried some dried fish both the ikan kurau and the ikan kering bulu ayam :)

Wow! While I deep fried them, they smelled  so good and yummy!!! I left the vegetable as last menu because I wanted  it to to be served hot and crunchy. I made stir fry taugeh or bean sprout for RY. I also made a simple ikan bilis masak kicap which I learnt from my SIL. She taught me this recipe because my children like it very much. This dish is also sought after by my family during imsak time! 

Well, looking at the whole set menu for Iftar on its first day, I think that was more than enough. Perhaps it is more of a luxury meal to some people, so Alhamdulilah, and all my doa to Allah SWT for His Blessings and wonderful foods on my table ;)

"Selamat Berbuka Puasa" to my beloved RY. 
   Iftar Dinner on 10.07.2013 for RY&Me

No comments:

Post a Comment