Tuesday 9 July 2013

First Ramadan together ...

This evening I received a sweet email from my daughter who wished me and her Dad "Salam Ramadan." 

Immediately after that, I received a Chat Text from my DIL who wrote: "Hi Mama, Happy Fasting ... Love You & Take Care. When I replied, "Jgn lupa bangun sahur ..." She returned with a note: "Yup, my turn to prepare sahur for Adik @ Hubby." Oh Wow! I am truly happy when I read her reply :)) 

While I'm writing this, I think they are now  preparing   to have their first sahur! Indeed, this time around she and my sunny son will start their First Ramadan together ... I pray to His AlMighty Allah SWT to bless this newly wed and may they live life to the fullest as a blessed happy couple. Amin.

As for my daughter, I am truly happy to note that that although this year's first Ramadan means she has to share 'her brother' with her SIL, yet I am pretty sure she'll be taken care of by her sweet and caring SIL ;) At least, there is someone to remind her of 'bersahur' in the wee hour before dawn!

Although I missed all of them, but my little heart wishes them well and pray for their happiness. May their first Ramadan together gets Allah SWT Blessings and may their life and well being be protected by His Almighty Allah SWT. Amin. To my beautiful children, please apply this simple rules which I found in the FB Wall, and I'm pretty sure you'll find and feel Happiness all the while ...
(a) Free your hearts from hatred.
(b) Free your minds from worries.
(c) Live Simply.
(d) Expect Less.
(e) Give More ;).

Also, never forget to do your prayers to Allah SWT for He knows best and He hears all your doa ;)

As for me, since we're living far away from home, so to celebrate the eve of First Ramadan this year together with my better half, we went to Irani House and had hearty and sumptuous dinner comprising of Chelow Kababs namely saffron rice with roasted chicken and lamb. Yummy! :D 

For imsak, we prefer to have light foodies. My better half had dates and juices while I chose milk, cashew nuts and sultanas ;) I was also able to do my tahajjud before waking up for morning prayer. Also read a few simple surah as well as five pages of Al Quran. Before Dzuhur prayer, I am truly fortunate and blessed to be able to perform Dhuha prayer. Alhamdulilah. 

I hope to complete my first day of Ramadan today with Allah SWT will and grace. Insyallah. May my first day of Ramadan receives all His Blessings & Berkat. Amin. Also I wish to prepare Iftar food for my better half. I am thinking of plain rice with masak lemak cili padi, deep fried ayam berempah, taugeh goreng and ikan bilis kicap with Bombay onions. Hopefully all these plans will materialize ... For desserts, perhaps I'll just prepare fruit cocktail since my better half does not fancy sweet foodies :D

But, I'll truly miss the foodies which my SIL always cooked for us each time we went home to visit her in our homeland, especially the ikan parang masak asam pedas, ketam lemak cili padi and ikan cencaru belah belakang :( 

    I truly missed these foods ;(

Not only the delicious foods which I truly missed, but most of all the wonderful family of Sister Ani and Brother Ishak  who have been very kind to me with their boundless love and honest caring towards me and my family especially to my children knowing that their parents are far far away from home.

Usually at Ramadan time, this sweet couple never failed to invite my children to their ever loving home and served them all with delicious and sumptuous foodies. Alhamdulilah and All praise to Allah SWT to bestow and grant this happy couple long and prosperous life. Amin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment