Saturday 27 July 2013

NasiAyamMadu4IFTAR

It's weekend! I cooked something special for Mr Right's 18th day Iftar :))

The colourful condiments on the table! And, Mr Right commented "sedapppp" :D Thanks to Mrs Right :-)

Yesterday, Mr Right had prepared a simple prawn noodle dish for us to break our fast. So, in return for his home cooked foodie, I decided to cook something special away from the normal white rice with chicken curry or beef korma. In my mind, I wanted to surprise him with chicken rice and ayam madu for him. For someone who doesn't cook and most of all who doesn't  know much about cooking, it means a real challenge to me. Hi Hi Hi!

At 4.30pm I was already in the kitchen with my helper P. She had helped me to thaw the chicken which was separated into two parts. All the breasts are to be marinated with ginger, garlic, lemon grass, soya sauce and honey with a pinch of salt. Once they were marinated, I left it for an hour before deep fried them. Wow! Just looking at the marinated chicken in the bowl, I instantly knew that it'll taste good and delicious :D

The other chicken parts, I will boil them and make into chicken stock for the chicken rice as well as the main ingredient for the side dish chicken soup. I informed P to scoop three cups of Jasmine Rice. Then in a big pot, I added a little vegetable oil and quickly sautéed some onions, garlic, ginger, lemongrass for a little while before I added the chicken wings, chicken thighs, and drum sticks as part of the chicken stocks. I added a pot full of water and boiled them over a small fire for about 40 minutes until the stock was properly cooked. Indeed, I liked the light yellowish colour and the smell of the stock! Woo ... Nice :)

Once, the chicken stock was cooked I poured them into the rice pot of the rice cooker. I added some fenugreek seeds and a pinch of salt to be cooked together as an added taste and aroma to the chicken rice. I only needed to wait until it gave a sound 'click' which meant it's cooked! Wallah, the main dish which was an integral part was done! Yeah :D

Now, the chicken soup. Using the remaining chicken stock, I made the soup. But, I added in some rempah sup Mak Siti and a pinch of salt and boiled for a little white. The rempah sup gave not only more tasty taste but also added natural colour to the chicken soup. Soon, I garnished them with fried shallots and sprinkled with chopped spring onions. 

Once the soup was done, I made the chili sauce from pounded fresh red chillies with garlic. In a small pot I boiled the chili paste with garlic and added some water, rice wine and Thai sweet chili sauce. This sauce must be boiled well over a small fire. Then, I made the kicap using soya sauce with pounded ginger. I also added a small cup of water to less thicken the sauce. Over a small fire I boiled the kicap sauce for a few minutes. Then I served them all in small bowls. Well, all the sauces were ready. Yeah! And, I just need to cut some cucumber and tomato as part of the nasi ayam condiments. That was easy, so I sought help from P to do the slicing for me. Thanks P :)

Last but not the least, I deep fried the marinated chicken. I also stir fried some kangkong because Mr Right always wanted vegetables to be eaten with rice. The results were as follows: A table full of Chicken Rice Dish and the AyamMadu which was done through deep fried method and wallah, the aroma was in the air fulfilling the whole kitchen of Qurum29!

Well Done Mrs Right! Indeed, I knew my Mr Right will be thrilled with my cooking and his home cooked 18th Iftar will be one of the best foodies he ever had this Ramadan. Insyallah ...

The result ... Aromatic Chicken Rice with the AyamMadu and Chicken Soup for Mr Right. Selamat Berbuka - The 18th Iftar!

No comments:

Post a Comment