Friday 19 July 2013

"Putri Ayu" Cake

The Menu:

Last night, Mr Right and I were invited to Dinner@Wisma Indonesia to bid farewell to our colleague Celi who will be leaving to USA at the end of this month. 

What touched my heart at the Dinner was the consideration which the host & hostess had  planned for me. My dearest friend Ibu NLS had prepared two favorite dishes for me, namely the Grilled Salmon and Puteri Ayu cake. She knew I liked these dishes, and since it coincided with the month of Ramadan, so she did something which really pleased her friend. :) Ibu, Big TQ for the thought! I truly love and appreciate them.

We started with Tekwan Fish Soup and Tahu Timbal as appetizers which were indeed mouthwatering. After that we had Steamed Mushroom and Chicken in Bell Pepper. Then came my favorite dish the grilled salmon. I love it!!!  

Alhamdulilah, Thank You very much Ibu for the sumptuous and delicious dinner! And, of course it was followed by my favourite dessert Putri Ayu which can be translated as 'Sweet or Pretty Princess' an airy steamed sponge cake made of rice flour and fresh dessicated coconut :) I like this dessert but I don't know how to  make them, but Ibu NLS was ever willing to share the recipe and will show me how to do them. Yeah! Insyallah, after Eid, perhaps as part of our ALC activities.

Wow!!! That was really Yummy and I also liked the Es Gembira dessert, which was truly cool and suitable for this summer time. Alhamdulilah, all praise to Allah SWT for the good foodies and May He granted good life to my friend and her family, too. 

However, before we left for the dinner, Mr Right and I had a light Iftar at our home where I prepared some miso soup, deep fried tofu with sambal kicap and a simple Chinese fried rice with fried chicken as 'alas perut' :D

    A simple foodies for 'alas perut' ...

But the sumptuous Dinner@Wisma Indonesia also was not only filling but made my belly full and my eyes almost shut. Hi Hi Hi ...

All the way home, the feeling of gratitude and happiness made me sang and lullaby in my heart while my hands were held lovingly by my Mr Right. 

     TQ Ibu for making a friend happy
     TQ Ibu for making my belly heavy
     TQ Ibu for the making my life merry
     TQ Ibu for the friendship You & Me!
    The delicious Putri Ayu by Ibu NLS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment