Wednesday 10 July 2013

Taraweeh@Ramadan

Alhamdulilah ...
All praise to Allah SWT. Tonight, after my Maghrib prayer while waiting for Isyak prayer, I was able to read some Surah from the Al Quranul Kareem. I feel so good and so fresh after reciting them. It also gives me nostalgic feeling. I missed my late Dad who used to teach Al Quran Reading to me and the school going children in Happy Village where I grew up ...

    First page of Surah Al Baqarah ...

And, tonight I was able to 'sedekah' to him not only Al Fatihah but several Surah. Alhamdulilah and I felt so near to him. I pray that my late Dad is in Jannah. Insyallah ;)) Also, I am truly grateful to him who taught me the Quranic Reading. He who foresaw and instilled in me the importance of both knowledge (this world and the next world) as well as to balance them in order to make me a much more balanced and appreciative person although of course not perfect. I am just an Insan or Human. But, TQ Abah for the knowledge and deeds ;))

Soon after the Isyak prayer, I performed the eight rakaat Taraweeh prayer, which was very special in this holy month of Ramadan. The term taraweeh means to rest and relax. It is only optional and non-obligatory but if one performs it, then it is to be performed two by two with four Salam. Also, one could perform twenty rakaat with ten Salam, although I prefer to only perform eight rakaat. Not too long instead simply short and manageable. It is also a known fact that taraweeh prayer has special merit over other nights. 

This voluntary night prayer also shows our Thanks to Allah SWT as a servant to Him. It is truly blessing to perform this prayer which is strongly recommended and practiced only during the month of Ramadan. As our Prophet Mohamad SAW said: "Whoever observes night prayer in Ramadan as an expression of his faith and to seek reward from Allah SWT, his / her previous sins will be blotted out." (Hadith Riwayat Muslim).

My late Dad also reminded me among others during this month of Ramadan, we the Believers engaged in Jihad Al Nafs on two accounts namely: during the day by fasting and during the night by praying taraweeh. If we could combine this two Jihads, we will be rewarded without limits. TQ once again Abah for your wisdom. 

Also if possible to Khatam the whole of Al Quranul Kareem during this fasting month. I could not promise myself that I would do all the taraweeh prayers and Khatam Al Quran, but certainly I  will do my very best. Insyallah. I pray and hope that my fulfillment of Ramadan this year will be a lot better than last year. Amin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment