Monday 1 July 2013

Personal Keepsake!

At our ALC get2gather organized by a caring friend @5*Hotel, another loving friend showed to me her compilation of ALC materials and photographs which we had been enjoying for the past one year. It was incomplete but indeed a  good job and soon after I volunteered to continue with it and to re-organize the materials. But, I have to do some write-ups to make it readable and informative. 

As 'likeminded' persons, we hope to make it as a fairwell sovenir to our outgoing colleague, the lovely CJ who loves libraries, books, reading materials or anything that involves education before she leaves ... Wishful thinking :))

At home, after browsing, reading and mulling through the compilation, it gives me an idea to turn it into our first ALC NL. Immediately, I key in some words into   my computer and save it as ALC Project. I also asked my friend to email to me the little write up which she had compiled, so I could select the materials especially the photographs of the events which we had been attending and organizing as a group. 

Being someone who is less computer savy, it was quite tedious to arrange the events followed by the photographs. Hence, I did all the write ups first including to re-write the recepies to be shared to ALC members with the hope that they will try the cooking. Insyallah :))

Next, I opened my old folder to look into the articles where ALC was in the News!!! I also have to call up some of my colleagues and members for other materials which I do not have, yet pertinent to be included in the NL such as on events which I was not able to attend because I was away for home on some urgent matters :)) But, alhamdulilah the respond was truly good and positive. I received the feedback promptly :D   Big Thank Q, my friends!

I am happy and delighted to see the draft of the First ALC NL is taking shape. Then I emailed to my other colleagues for some comments, also assistance regarding   layout, graphic  and what else to add in the NL. I was hoping that all my  colleagues   and friends could help  me with their honest and constructive  inputs. 

True enough, like the true blue ASEAN spirit of togetherness, my colleagues responded promptly and gave their ideas. Also a simpler layout which is simply awesome. I thought of taking it into consideration and perhaps  to emulate  to a certain degree so as to make the intended NL more chic and attractive :) 

But, sometimes things happen not as what we proposed, intended or planned. Perhaps, it is for the better :D   In our case, before I could make further amendments and adjustments due to hay fever and flu as well as praying hard that everything will be okay and the First ALC NL will become a reality :)) something happen which makes the intended ALC First NL is now more of a Personal Keepsake! 

Yet this Personal Keepsake is very special which accumulates a one year special and unique bond of solid and beautiful friendship between US! Also, while presenting the unexpected Personal Keepsake to CJ, another surprise event happened where a well thought and beautiful one of a kind mugs were distributed to all of us from a very caring and thoughtful friend to commemorate the true meaning of Friendship.

Thank You ALL for the thoughts, cares and togetherness which we share in this truly hospitable land. With all of you sharing your kindness and boundless love, my life in this Sultanate is more exciting, fun, and joyful!

   Keepsake for my 'Mugging' Collections 

No comments:

Post a Comment