Friday 31 January 2014

Gong Xi Fatt Choi @Dhiab Street!

Well, it's Friday, 31st January 2014. Also the Chinese community is celebrating their Chinese New Year. I guess most of them if not all are celebrating the Re-Union Dinner with their loved ones since yesterday evening with wide spreads of meals! To all my Chinese friends, Gong Xi Fatt Choi and May this year of the Horse be prosperous and full of harmony :D

Anyway, this morning I had breakfast with Mr Right at home. He made omelette with lots of mushrooms for me and grilled beef which was my favourite. On my part, I only prepared the drinks which include juices and coffees as well as the baked beans and sweet corn! After the hearty breakfast and while waiting for afternoon to come for CNY lunch @TT, I watched Korean movies titled Sadder than Sad about true love and sacrifice which brought tears to my eyes. It was followed by Yalkae, a comedy with an every day plot about a mischievous school boy turns hero which at the end of the movies caused blurry vision to my eyes also due to 'emotional perspiration.' 

Once in a while with happy pearly tears welling the eyes, I strongly feel its good for my eye sight and to keep them from drying out. Also, I found out in psycologytoday.com that "for both men and women, tears are a sign of courage, strength and authenticity." Dr Judith Orloff wrote in her book that "Like the ocean, tears are salt water. Protectively, they lubricate your eyes, remove irritants, reduce stress hormones, and they contain antibodies that fight pathogenic microbes." Wow! I'm truly feeling blessed after a good pearly drops while viewing the emotional movies that went straight to my heart and soul!

Then, it was time for me to get ready for lunch @TT Crib in Dhiab Street. Although there was no theme whatsoever, since it was a CNY celebration which is synonyms to scarlet colour both Mr Right and I decided to wear something red to commemorate the auspicious occasion. I wore a red blouse which I bought from Beijing closed to ten years ago. Since I seldom wore it except on certain events, the silk+satin blouse which was nicely embroidered was still in good condition and most of all, it's contemporary! Mr Right also wore his red shirt, thus we both were feeling good in our attires to visit our Chinese friends Peter & ThaiTee @PDO Camp. As a token of appreciation to their invitation, I tagged along a box of Patchi for my friends and her daughter.

When we arrived, the lovely couple were already waiting for their guests with wide spread of dishes single handedly cooked my Madam TT! Under the canopy of palm trees we sat and enjoyed the sumptuous luncheon. The cool breezy wind that blown softly in the valley surrounded by rugged mountains added 'umph' to our already good appetite. Wow > There were delicious char kway teow, aromatic chicken rice with grilled duck, glutinous chicken wrap, chicken curry and of course the crispy prawn crackers, with lots of tit bits comprising of nuts and many baskets full of mandarin oranges. 

Not forgotten the pinky and yummy Kuih Angku which was Madam TT's signature dish. In every function which was held in our residence, she never come empty handed. There's always this dish which was made from white glutinous rice flour. Since the cake was always in pink and synonymous with Chinese New Year tradition, thus a little bit of pink coloring is necessary to be added to the dough. And the best part which I truly liked was the 'inti' or fillings which was made from mung beans. Wow! That's truly a mouthwatering and lip smacking dessert which a piece or two wouldn't be enough! LOL.

Indeed, by then my belly was already stuffed with great foodies. But, Madam TT did not stop there. She asked me if I liked 'telor masin' and I quickly nodded, without knowing that she'll cook that dish for us, too. After the hearty meals both main and dessert, I repeated the meals again because she already prepared the 'telor masin' with nasi lemak! Woosh, lucky me :D Although I was already full, yet I still ate the new meals which she offered me and Wallah! It was truly delicious. I then washed all of them down with a plate full of mandarin oranges and slices of juicy water melons. All in all, the lunch @Madam TT was exceptionally delicious and truly filled up my 'hollow' belly that ended up like full blown balloon. And, when its time to leave for home, I could feel my pants almost screaming like, "Help Me!!!" But, I said tenderly, "Please wait till we reach home sweet home!" :D

Beautiful Memories and Delicious Foodies at Dhiab Street, PDO Camp! Big TQ Madam TT for having us to celebrate the auspicious CNY 2014 - The Year of the Horse :D

No comments:

Post a Comment