Thursday 16 January 2014

DS Life in TwentyFourTeen?

As my mind was reminiscing my last year's colourful life and some achievements, a soft voice coming out from my own mouth asking me, "What's your plan for 2014, Mussy?"

I smiled and shut my Chinese eyes for a little while. Then I opened slowly and uttered to me-self, "Insyallah, TwentyFourteen will be better than TwentyThirteen!" So, what have I planned? 

First and foremost I'm truly grateful to Allah SWT for granting me the opportunity to be with my loved ones to usher in the New Year :D  The last time we were together as one big family for the final count down was during our stay in London. We were ushering in 2007 with lots and lots of snow on our doorsteps and in the back garden @GoldersGreen! Seven years later, here in Muscat, we were ushering the New Year under the thousands of bright stars along Qurum Beach overlooking the Gulf of Oman in a cool wintery night which was awesome and truly blissful. Amin.

After the kiddos left on the second week of January for their jobs after their vacation, I am back to my new year routine, duties and responsibilities again as a trailing spouse! The first was to meet the newly appointed HE and his spouse upon invitation at a friend's beautiful residence. I went to meet the gorgeous couple with an open arms and especially to congratulate them to the new posting place.

Indeed, we had a great time together sharing and exchanging foodies notes about each others nations' specialties particularly the coconut rice versus shuwa and dodol versus halwa!  Also on that evening, I went out with 'new me style' with my head covered for the very first time in an official function. Truly, I am looking forward for more events this year with my colleagues and friends both from the diplomatic corp and other organizations. Insyallah, this TwentyFourTeen will be better than TwentyThirteen. Yeah!!!

It was a blissful wintery evening when I matched this black velvet with silk yellow scarf from Chanel for my first official duty this year :D
Deep down in my heart, I know my late Dad was smiling from up above and my octagenarion Mom will be very pleased to see me in this outfit!

If last year, among others the Perwakilan Muscat achievements were seen published in the news and dailies particularly their participations in show-casing Malaysian cultures and traditions as well as their untiring contributions in AWG Charity Bazaar, I truly hope this year we could do more charity works and learning about local cultures and traditions apart from visiting places. Perhaps we could start with going to Muscat Festivals both at Ameraat Park and in Naseem Garden. Insyallah. 

In fact, throughout last week I've structured some plans for my half year duties and responsibilities as DS here. I planned it till Summer Time June 2014 before the members go for their break. I've already outlined the tentative programs with the HBS spouses during our meeting last week and hopefully all plans will be tabled to the members and succeed with flying colours. Amin. Among others were to hold Perwakilan Muscat AGM by the end of this month and to celebrate Chinese New Year with the members and their families by the first week of February. Also in the pipeline was to organize some Coffee Morning events with various themes of their choice and at suitable dining places apart from learning new things such as fruit carving with Chef Rid Morat and Visiting Interesting Places in Muscat. 

Since the baton for ASEAN Ladies Circle (ALC) Presidency will be passed on to Malaysia for Year 2014, it also means the duties and responsibilities will be rested on my shoulders for the entire year. But, I will surely accept the post and responsibility and insyallah will do my very best for the Organisation. At the same time, I still have my duties in the Ambassadors Wives' Group (AWG) since I am holding the Treasurer's post. Thus, with Allah SWT will and grace, I shall give my level best towards the success of the Organization's activities till the end of my tenure. Insyallah :D

All in All, I really look forward to all the TwentyFourTeen events and activities in Muscat where I shall part take! But, for now I am exceptionally happy to just take a step by step moves and through week by week matters till year end.

A Weekend Treat with 'A Hi! and A Smile' from Mr Right @D'Arcy. I enjoyed today's treat. For tomorrow, I shall begin my weekly chores and duties till the next weekend! Followed by and repeated with the weekdays and awaited weekends till year end :D

No comments:

Post a Comment