Monday 20 January 2014

Virgo ...

I was waiting for my better half at the lunch table for our luncheon. I prepared for him a pot of vegetable stew with sea-foodies. Actually, I had ran out of ideas of what 'next' to cook for him. Since for breakfast I already prepared toasts with scramble eggs and for his 11.00am tea break, I already prepared quite a heavy meal - Chinese Fried Rice with Seafoods and Potatoes as its side dish! So, I was thinking of cooking something light for his late lunch meals, which certainly proved awesome and successful! Alhamdulilah :D

Before Mr Right sat down on his usual seat, he passed to me two magazines, the first was Woman followed by Signature. Indeed, he knew what was my favourite pastime! Thus, it wasn't a surprise that he will hand to me whatever reading materials that landed on his large table in the office. Oh! Big Thank You Mr Right for the wonderful gifts  :) And, we continued with our luncheon and little chit chat while having our light meals!

After the good lunch, we went upstairs and I carried the two magazines with me. Very soon, I read all the pages in Woman and in particular I liked and enjoyed the article on 'What Makes You Happy' which was written by the Editor. I truly liked the part she wrote in the editorial, "... happiness is what we perceive, a state of mind we would like to be. So, do all things that define happiness for you, and start the New Year on a positive, happy note." I concurred with what she wrote and even this morning, I found sheer happiness by just reading an email from my son who wrote simply: "Hi Ma, read your blog just now. Happy to know I'm being loved! Love you and see you again ..." Yeah! I wrote a poem meant for him in my blog recently and in fact, I was exceptionally happy to note that he appreciated it and that made my day!

Towards the end of my good read of the colorful Woman magazine, I saw a write up on Virgo in 'What the Stars foretell ...' I quickly read and found it exciting to be shared here for all virgoreans. It said:
This month, do the things that you have always wanted to do, but had never had time for. Unleash your adventurous side, plan a holiday and move out of your comfort zone. Things have been getting stagnant for some time now and this may be a perfect time to break out of the rut. It's the start of a new year and a great time to try out new things.

    Truly Liked these magazines :) Full of Informative Materials and Exciting Read!

Wow! That's quite a handful things to plan or do for 2014! Anyway, I took it positively and had already started with something which I had wanted to implement some years ago but had been postponed due to 'not time yet!' perspective  or perhaps 'unsureness' issue. Yet, the beginning of this year, I did it and was truly feeling happy with my decision and doings! Alhamdulilah. My gratitude to Allah The Almighty for showing me the path and giving me the courage which I truly need. Amin. On this, I remembered what my late Abah always instilled in me when I was a young girl. He said, "Adik, Believe in Yourself.  If you have decided on doing something which you think is good, just do it!" 

Oh, Thank You Abah ... for all the wise words and wisdoms which you had instilled in me in believing in me-self! And, of course the other thing which I had done and wished to continue with the good beginning was the new arrangement of my wardrobes. They are now more systematic and well arranged in the closets according to colours for easy choosing and managing the mixed and matched! Here, being a Virgo and someone who loves to having matching patterns for her wardrobes and what nought  I truly hope my so far 'ideal' closet will stay put :D  As rightly put by Rosemin Manji in Signature, "January marks the start of New Year and it is a great time to start organizing your closets and if that's too overwhelming then start with your handbags." On this, I saw someone was showing his thumb's up and grinning at me when I showed him the article. Guess Who?  LOL!

The articles in the magazines were not only entertaining but exceptionally 'infotainment unlimited!' Thumbs up to the editor and contributors :D

No comments:

Post a Comment