Friday 24 January 2014

Luxurious Gourmet!

Wow! M truly full :D
In a day, we had complete meals outside home sweet home. It all started when I had to attend AASG Meeting cum BigBreakFast or rather healthy Brunch at a high end French Restaurant in The Galleria with my colleagues. Before I left home for the yummy foodies which comprised of two rolls with varieties of spreads, strawberry yoghurts and fresh fruits with a glass full of orange juice and a pot of Earl Grey tea, I already prepared for Mr Right his 10 o'clock tea with Italian Caesar salads! Then, I was off to Fauchon having fruitful meeting, also la la la time and most of all I was enjoying the Brunch!

Once Brunch done and after we were all satisfied with the foodies and incoming AASG 2014 programs, we dispersed and I soon visited my better half at his office. By then it was almost over lunch time or rather it's time for tea! LOL! 

Mr Right suggested we should go for lunch since he needed some solid foodies but certainly not rice. And when he asked me what and where would be my preference, I quickly answered, "I wanna carrot cake at D'Arcy!" He smiled and nodded which made me grin happily :) So, we soon off to Jawarat Shatti and ordered our foods. Yes, me with my carrot cake and hot Earl Grey tea while Mr Right asked what was the specialty for that day. Wallah! It was beef pie American style with french fries and salad to be taken with cool ice lemon tea. 

Indeed, we had great time together - having small light talks and little laughter while enjoying our meals, his late lunch but me >my mouthwatering dessert for tea time special. Whoosh ... On the way home when my belly was truly full and our hands were clasping together at the back seat of the moving car, I hummed a childhood song:
Gendang Gendut Tali Kecapi
Kenyang Perut Suka Hati

Upon hearing my happy humming Mr Right looked at me and teasing softly, "M, now you can cry ..." In actual fact he was imitating what my Mom used to say to us her children (me and my siblings) when we were young after we finished eating. She also said if we want to cry for whatever reason, she'll make sure our tummies are all full, and never when we are feeling hungry! When I am having my own children, I repeated the same to them and this statement made them laughed instead! Also, a person very closed to me always reminded me that a full tummy persons never demonstrate or less show tantrums but those who are always hungry will make chaos! Wise info, right?

Yup, Still talking about foods, I thought that was it for a day, yet Mr Right asked me after my evening prayer, "M, where do you wish to have dinner, dear?" I looked up at him and smiled. Very quickly I responded, "Frankly, I'm quite full but I think you need one dear. And what do you wish to eat?" He told me that he wished for something soupy or liquid. Then, I said, "If that's the case, perhaps Tom Yam Kung may be good for you!" on which he replied, "That's not bad for a light dinner." 

And so we drove to the MGM and headed to Shang Thai Restaurant.  With the lovely greenish ambience, we had a delicious spicy Tom Yam and seafood cakes as well as prawn crackers. Indeed, all the foods we ate throughout the day were truly sumptuous although simply and not really heavy, but I'd like to term them 'Luxurious Gourmet!' And, for that my greatest gratitude to Allah SWT who gives us the rezeki and to my dear Mr Right who took me to all the cafes and restaurants for the wonderful delicacies! Amin. 

Simple but to me truly 'Luxurious Gourmet' from BreakFast to Dinner! Yeah :D my tummy is full and that makes me happy and feeling blessed. Alhamdulilah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment